Chapter 10: Monkey Business, Better Left Unsaid

A/N: I miss you guys! Here's a new update for you! Enjoy xx.

Shit. Shit. Shit.

Why is she knocking on my damn door?

She doesn't usually knock on my door in the mornings.

Why does today have to be as complicated as it already is?

"Ariana, time to get up, we don't want you late for school again today!" Martha's muffled voice through the door, and her loud knocks stirred Michael in his sleep as I shook his shoulder to wake him up.

Gee, he's not a morning person is he?

"Michael, wake up!" I whispered-yelled to Michael as his eyes were fluttering open, after some time waking him.

"Mmm, huh?" Michael groggily responded, removing his arm from my waist, leaving that empty feeling on my skin. Michael stretched his arms before he was fully awake, and realised what is going on right now, and his reaction was exactly like mine, just a minute later.

"Shit. Is that your house maid behind that door?" Michael asked while silently hopping off the bed.

I nodded my head at Michael, then put a finger on my lips to shush him, like what he did to me before, last night. Michael obeyed as I pointed him towards my closet, "Hide in there for now," I mouthed to him, he did the action almost immediately.

"Ariana? Are you up?"

"Yes, Martha, I'm just getting ready." I called back as I heard the door knob being twisted open. God, I hope Martha doesn't suspect a thing.

"Sweet Jesus, Mary and Joseph, your room is a mess." Martha commented as she walks in my room. I didn't realise how messy my room was until now. Blankets and pillows are on the floor, dirt on the carpet, probably from the back of Michael's shoes from running away from those guys last night. Long story short, the room is a dump.

"Uh, yeah, some raccoon came into the window, that's okay though, I scared it away."

Really Ariana? First the dead cat, now a raccoon?

Martha raised her eyebrow questioningly, "Hmm, I've seen one hanging out by the trees the other night, raccoon season is early isn't it?"

Phew, close call.

I nodded my head, yes, as I took a glimpse of the closet, where Michael was hiding. Unfortunately, Martha notices this and started to question me, "Why do you keep on looking at the closet? Is there something wrong?"

I gulped nervously as I try to come up with the best excuse, it's probably gonna come out lame anyway, "Oh... um... that would be because... I... um," I stuttered as I look back at the closet, Michael is probably screaming at me in his head inside.

"I'm going to check out what's wrong with it." Martha said quickly, too quick for the me to process what she just said. She opened the door to my closet a tiny bit, before I stopped her from opening any further.

"Ariana, why are you acting so strange?" Martha placed her hands on her hips as she looks at me suspiciously.

"Strange? What do you mean, Martha? I've always been acting this way in the morning."

"Acting anxious?" Martha asked as she raised her eyebrow.

"Yes! Because of the... um... clothes! Yeah, I don't know what to wear in the mornings most of the time, but there's definitely nothing wrong with my closet." Do you know how hard it is to think of an excuse on the spot? It's very hard.

Luckily, Martha seems to believe it and shook her head, thinking that her suspicions were silly, "Right, I know how you're critical on what you wear. I won't judge you more on that." Martha said with a smile. At least she's moving on from the closet.