Chapter 24: Beauty and The Beast

~Ariana~

I felt my eyes slowly opening up to a new day. I consciously scanned around the unfamiliar room I was in, figuring out where I was exactly. Then I noticed someone lying next to me on the bed, and that was when the memories of last night refreshed my mind.

Michael's slow breaths can be felt against my neck, snuggling close to me with his arm wrapped around my waist, like a pillow to cling to when sleeping alone. Just at the fact that he was holding me made my heart pound loudly against my chest, probably loud enough to wake Michael up.

I used this precious time to admire Michael's presence, just Michael.

"You're so beautiful," I whispered in my croaky morning voice that I hate so much. Michael probably wouldn't hear a thing anyway. Oh God, I would be embarrassed if he heard me just now.

I slowly slipped out of his grasp, careful not to wake him up in the process. Unfortunately, Michael felt me move and he tugged me closer to him, "Don't go just yet," Michael mumbled, half-asleep.

"Michael, I need to take a shower, I probably reek by now," I said, trying to pry his hand away from my body, his hand ending back where it was before every time, "I don't really care, give me five minutes."

I rolled my eyes at Michael, even though Michael wasn't fully awake to see me, I was smiling at his adorableness in the mornings.

When his five minutes were over, I finally slipped out of the bed without Michael stopping me. As soon as I was standing on my two feet, the pain from the wound last night ached my side as I clutched onto the part where it hurts, "Agh, shit," I hissed, which caused Michael to finally open his eyes in worry, "Ariana, you need to sit down!"

Michael hurried over to my side, supporting me by lending me his arm to lean on, "I'm fine Michael, I shouldn't have stood up that quickly," I assured him, however the obvious facial expressions I make whenever I wince in pain didn't convince Michael that well.

"No, you're not, you still need my help," Michael insisted, setting me down on the bed again.

"Oh yeah? Then how are you going to help me in the shower, huh?" I tested him, causing him to become nervous and awkward about it, as expected.

"Wha-? Um," Michael cleared his throat with redness on his cheeks, "I can only walk you to the bathroom, that's it," Michael quickly said, it almost looked like he forgot to breathe.

"The bathroom is just there," I said gesturing him to the bathroom door which wasn't even a metre away.

Michael looked back behind him and back to me while he fidgets with his fingers, unsure of what to say next.

"Exactly what I thought," I said standing up, slowly this time to avoid any intense pain.

"See? I can walk by myself now," I said, smiling as I shuffled my feet towards the bathroom.

Michael still had that unsure look on his face, but I had a feeling that he knew that I'm going to be fine on my own.

"Fine, I'll just go out and get us some breakfast while you shower, there's a grocery store not too far away from here, so I won't be gone too long," Michael said, with a hint of worry in his eyes.

"Are you sure you're going to be fine on your own?" Michael asked before he left the room.

"I've been in the shower alone in the past so, I think I'll be alright," I said with a smile, earning yet another from Michael as he let out a low chuckle.

"Okay, okay, I'll see you in a bit," he said as he was closing the door.

"Bye," I said in a hushed tone, waving him goodbye until he was completely out of sight.