Chapter 17: The Heartbreaker Breaks Free

A/N: I am actually proud of this chapter title. I never thought so hard on a chapter title before until today! Anyway, enjoy Chapter 17 :-) xoxo.

Number one reason why I didn't want to swim in the first place; you get really cold in the water, and much more when you're out of the water.

I walked towards the front door with my body shivering as droplets of water fell to the ground, leaving a wet track in the house.

When I reached the front door, I spotted Peter patiently waiting outside, his back facing towards me. He looked like a model posing for the camera, like, oh my God.

"Peter?" I called out for his attention. Peter turned around and smiled widely at the sight of me, "Hey babe, I just want to come by and say hi," he came in for a kiss, but I dodged it, taking a step back.

Peter noticed my reaction as he furrowed his eyebrows in disappointment, "What's wrong baby?"

Everything! I've cheated on you, I'm falling in love with a rebellious troublemaker! Everything feels wrong, but it feels so right at the same time!

I couldn't contain any more secrets, it's making my head hurt, "W-we need to talk," I stuttered nervously. Peter starts to look worried as he nodded his head, "Sure, what are we gonna talk about?"

I gave him a weak smile as I allowed him inside the house. "Upstairs," I instructed Peter, pointing up as Peter nods and continued to follow me.

We were already walking up the stairs to my room before anyone could see us. I led Peter to my room, shutting the door tight, hopefully no one comes in.

"Now that we're up here, what is it that you want me to talk about?"

I took a deep breath as I took one step towards Peter, "Did you notice something, I don't know, different between us?" I began. Peter didn't say anything in response as he is reading me carefully with confusion in his face.

"Like, something has changed between us?" I elaborated more in the question for him.

"Babe, what are you talking about? You and I are doing just fine." Peter placed his hands on both sides of my shoulders, smiling with calmness in his voice.

Peter's smile then turns into a frown as he realized that I was stepping back from his touch. "Babe, you can tell me anything, what's wrong?" Peter repeated his question from before with more seriousness in his tone.

"Peter, do not be mad at me for this, please. I promise you, it's not your fault." I pleaded, scared for what might come if I tell him the truth.

"Ariana, whatever it is, I'm sure it wouldn't be your fault anyway." Peter grabbed my cold hands, feeling warmth from his, as he brings it up to his lips to plant a kiss.

I smiled at the fact that Peter is a hundred times more ready than I am, but I am feeling very guilty at the same time, for what I'm about to say to him that would definitely crush his innocent heart.

I sighed nervously as I let out my feelings, "The truth is, I don't think I'm in love with you anymore."

I saw the heartbreak through Peter's brown eyes as I became at war with myself, if I should tell him anymore, "I knew I shouldn't have told you now, this is bad, really bad," I took my hands off Peter's grasp as I lifted them up to cover my face, hiding the guilt that is already there.