Chapter 13: A Brand New Day

I think I am falling in love with Michael Jackson.

At least I think so, I'm not sure actually.

No. I can't be. I'm still in love with Peter. Or am I?

Stop it Ariana! You're making yourself confused!

I shook the silly thoughts away as I watch Michael, sleeping peacefully like a baby.

The moonlight was shining against his face, he looked like an angel. A broken angel.

Again, I felt empathy for Michael, but I don't think that's what he wanted from me right now.

I'm actually proud that he was brave enough to trust me and to tell me one of his most traumatic events of his early life. Little by little, he will be completely recovered from the fear of Joesph hurting him, and Michael will be then a happier person.

I decided to get myself some rest as we are heading back to school the following day.

***

Michael gently woke me up from my dreamless sleep, "Rise and shine, little girl," Michael cooed into my ear.

I grumbled as I tried to pry my eyes wide open, but it seemed impossible as my eyelids are heavy from lack of sleep.

"Come on, I'll make you some coffee," Michael said as he pulled me by the arm to help me up.

I swear I look horrible right now. With the bed hair and everything.

"Here's your coffee," Michael was holding the ceramic mug carefully, like he would be in big trouble if he were to spill a single drop of coffee on the carpet.

"Thanks," I said, with my voice hoarse from sleep as I grabbed the mug off Michael.

I took a sip of the coffee, and the effects of the coffee were already starting to kick in.

"Damn Michael, how much coffee did you put in this?"

Michael just shrugged his shoulders, "Enough to last you through the day, you gotta need it," he said with a smile.

I smiled back as I put the mug down on the bedside table, "So, how was your sleep?"

"It was fine, thanks. To be honest, I actually slept well the first time in so long."

"Really? What happened that made you slept well last night?" I asked, crossing my legs onto the bed as Michael starts to do the same.

"Mmm," Michael muttered something under his breath, so low that I wasn't able to hear a single word, "What was it?" I asked him again, causing Michael to become timid in his actions.

"B-because you were there," Michael repeated in a louder tone. His cheeks starting to redden from embarrassment.

"Oh, what exactly did I do?" I asked, not really knowing what I did last night that caused him to sleep well last night.

"Nothing, you were just there, and I liked it," Michael chuckled shyly before it dies down to return to his serious tone, "but, me telling you about my nightmares and Joseph last night, really removed the weight I've been carrying over my shoulders. I'd like to thank you for that."