Chapter 27: Natalie

A/N: If there are any errors that I left out, then I'm so sorry, I am tired and sleepy AF, I just want to get this update up ASAP. Also, finally, a Bruno Mars song title. Enjoy. Alex xoxo.

"Hey Natalie, it's a pleasure to meet you," instead of taking her hand that was already raised for me to shake, I engaged Natalie into a friendly hug, in the most welcoming way.

I felt Natalie tense in shock, but soon relaxed her body as she returned the hug. So far, I like this girl.

"And you must be Molly," Natalie moved on to Molly as she raised her arm as well to shake her hand.

Molly looked from Natalie's hand and to her, "That's right, and no, I don't take hand shakes from hoe-"

I hit Molly on the side before she could say anything else that might ruin the occasion, "-oney, you're such a honey aren't you sweetheart?" Molly fixed up her words as she rolled her eyes in annoyance.

"Oh, okay?" Natalie drops her arm awkwardly as I gave both Natalie and Peter an apologetic look.

"Hey Molly, why don't we go over there?" I broke the tension between us as I led Molly towards a buffet near the kitchen, as far away from Natalie as possible.

"Ariana? Can we talk?" A voice stopped me in my tracks as I turned around to see Peter walking over to Molly and I.

"It's okay Ariana, I can take care of myself, you deserve some catching up time with Peter," Molly said with an assuring smile as she excitedly made her way to the delicious food that was prepared nicely. I laughed at how eager she is to just eat.

"Looks like she's going to be fine," Peter assured me, the same way Molly did earlier, "this way."

Peter led me outside at the alfresco, away from everybody else so we could have a more private talk.

"So," I began, looking out of the view in front of me, "what do you want to talk about?"

"I just want to ask you how you've been, I don't know about you today but, you seemed a bit off," Peter casually walked over to me, keeping a safe distance between us.

"I've been fine, thanks for your concern, though," I answered, sounding a little bit too straightforward, like I didn't want to discuss this at all.

Peter didn't looked too convinced with my answer as he studied my face carefully, "Peter, what are you doing?" I asked nervously.

"Examining your face cuz I sensed a lie," Peter squinted his eyes as he continued to observe in close detail of my face.

I rolled my eyes playfully as I said, "Seriously Peter, I am fine, really."

Peter still didn't think so as he crossed his arms, shaking his head in disbelief, "You're such a bad liar, even after two years, you still haven't changed much."

I tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear, biting my lip timidly, "I still changed Peter, both of us have."

"So does that mean that you have changed because of, um, Michael?" Peter asked awkwardly.

I shot him a look of dissapointment as the good memories of Michael and I invaded my thoughts, "In a way, it has," I answered shortly.

Peter just nodded in understanding as we went silent for a little while. "You know, I really am okay," I touched Peter's shoulder to break the silence, "I was just taken aback by the mention of, um, Michael, so, you're good."

I felt Peter's shoulders relaxed under my touch as he brought me in for a hug, "I'm just looking out for you, Ariana, if I have the chance, I would beat that guy's ass for leaving you."