Chapter 5: Invincible Sometimes

I opened the front door to my house and announced that I have come home. I spotted Dad talking to someone over the phone, "Oh, yeah your son can come, can't wait to meet him," I waved at my dad to let him know that I am here, Dad noticed this as he continues to talk to the person on the phone, "Yeah, okay, I'll see you tonight. Bye." Dad hanged up and he walked over to me to give me a hug.

"How are you, kitten?" Dad let go of the hug to look at me properly, "And you're hair looks, wild." I nervously chuckled as I fixed my hair a little bit, "I had a little bit of a run." Before Dad asked any more questions, Mum walks in, "Ariana! You haven't called or texted to my messages, where were you?"

I gulped guiltily. Crap. I was so focused on facing detention and how to get myself home, I forgot to tell my mum where I've 'supposedly' been. "Sorry, my phone died." I quickly lied. I don't usually lie, but whenever I do, it sort of gives it away. "Really?" Mum looked at me up and down, I know, I look like a hot mess right now.

God, I need to act, right now! "Since I'm here, I need to get ready. I mean look at the time, how long till the guests arrive?"

"In thirty minutes," Dad chipped in, saving my ass without him really knowing it.

"Exactly! Now can you please excuse me, your daughter needs to glam up and get ready for our arriving guests." I walked up the stairs to my room. I ran back down only to see my parents looking extremely confused with what's going on, "I almost forgot, love you." I heard both of them say 'Love you' monotonously as I climbed back up the stairs.

I slammed the door behind me once I made it to my room, "That was close," I sighed, slumping my back against the door. I immediately rummaged through my closet for anything decent to wear. I ended up with a white singlet crop top and a pink skirt with the length that goes above my knee. I finished my look off by swapping my flats for white high heel pumps.

After fixing my hair and makeup, I was actually happy with the results. I took my phone out to go on Snapchat, I took a mirror selfie of my outfit and sent the picture to Molly with the caption; "Outfit for tonight"

 I took my phone out to go on Snapchat, I took a mirror selfie of my outfit and sent the picture to Molly with the caption; "Outfit for tonight"

Molly replied not too long after, "OMG! SLAYYYYY GIRL SLAYYYYYYY." I chuckled to myself as I sent Molly a heart emoji. "Ariana! The guests are here!" Mum called out. I texted Molly that I needed to go. I put my phone away and took a deep breath as I looked at myself in the mirror, "You look good, Ariana, show them who's boss." I told my reflection on the mirror as she stares back at me with a nervous look on her face.

I walked out of my room with my heels clicking on the tiled floor. When I was walking down the stairs to the living room, I can already hear the voices of my parents and the guests. "Oh and here's our daughter Ariana," Mum spotted me coming over to the group as she drags me closer to them.

A woman around the same age as my parents greeted me, extending our hands as we shook hands, "Ah, yes, Ariana, nice to see you again. Oh my, how much you've grown." See me again? "I'm sorry, have we met?" I asked politely. The woman smiled apologetically, "Oh, where are my manners? I'm your Aunt Katherine."