Chapter 94

"Hey," I say quietly to him as he walks through the door.

"Hi." He mumbles.

"How was work?"

"Good." He says nonchalantly as he walks into the bedroom.

I lean back in the couch as I wait for the moment for Eric to find out.

"Elena, what are these?" Eric calls.

I rise from the couch and make my way to the bedroom standing in threshold of the bathroom door. He is staring at the pregnancy test.

"It's a pregnancy test." I cross my arms over my chest.

"Is it yours..........?"

I nod my head and bit down on my lip. "Yeah."

"So, you're pregnant?"

"Yeah," I look down at the ground.

"I know this is a stupid question, but it's mine, right?"

"Yes Eric, it's yours."

"You haven't been taking the birth control and we haven't had sex in like a month."

"It hasn't been that long," I give him an annoyed look. "We did it one night and the next morning I saw I forgot to take it and...and so I stopped."

"It doesn't work like that."  He breaths. "You stopped and you basically made this happen."

"No, I didn't Eric."

"You did. You had to have because if you would've taken it we wouldn't be in this predicament!"

"It happened Eric! This is out of our control now."

"That means you're not getting an abortion?"

I draw back hurt. "You want me to get an abortion?"

"Don't act like it's below you."

"Don't do that," I shake my head. "I didn't want children with Peter."

"You want this child though?" He is tensed up, but still dangerously calm.

I look away from him. "Yeah," I mumble.

"I need to get out of here." He immediately starts power walking to the door.

"Eric!" I call out after him.

"No Elena! I need to be alone!"  He slams the door.

I run my hands through my hair. "Fuck!" I yell.

*******

I've been going back and forth between the children's apartments. Eloise took Serena's position as number three and Phoenix got his own specialized position as partial leadership to be the third when one of the three dies--presumably Eric. Eli took a place at the wall.

I told Serena about Eric's reaction, I also told her that he hasn't come home in two weeks and I was getting worried.

"Have you checked his office then? He's probably living out of there."

"No," I shake my head. "I don't even know if I should bother, he said he wanted time to think."

"I can check if you want. When are you going to tell the kids? I hope you don't mind I had to tell Ean."

I sigh. "As long as Ean doesn't tell the rest. I'll tell them when I'm ready so...maybe in a month or two."

She nods. "He won't tell."

I nod my head. "I'm gonna head back to the apartment. I need to shower and actually do something with my life."

Serena hugs me goodbye and I leave heading down the building and opening up the apartment door. I hear noise coming from the bedroom.