Chapter 11

The next morning, like always, Eric was gone and I started my day off with some breakfast and a shower until I have to go to work. Scrambling around in the bathroom for my brush I hear a noise out in the living room. My heart skips a beat, it's too quiet for it to be Eric. I grab the gun from the medicine cabinet in the bathroom, Eric likes to hide a gun everywhere for these exact situations. I walk out and Peter is sitting on the couch with his legs crossed.

"Get out!" I scream to him.

"No can do, this is my new position."

"What do you mean?" I clench my fists.

"Eric, he put me on YOU duty. I follow you around, make sure you don't do anything stupid."

"So you're his lackey?" I raise an eyebrow.

"No." his teeth clench.

I try to conceal my smile, then I don't have to when I realize Eric hired Peter to follow around and watch me.

I head to where Eric works I see him talking with Max, at this point I don't care if they're having a big important meeting that involves life and death, I'm interrupting.

"Elena?" Max sounds angry and stands up from his chair.

Eric looks slightly embarrassed and then extremely mad.

"I need to borrow Eric,"

Max raises an eyebrow.

"Important baby talk." I place my hands on my stomach. Max nods his head reluctantly and Eric walks over to me.

"Are you okay?" At first he sounds concerned.

"You hired Peter to watch over me?"

"You interrupted a meeting, with my fellow leaders, to talk to me about Peter," his hands clench shut. "I told you Elena I don't trust you. Now you better leave before I personally throw you out." His eyes seething with rage.

Peter climbs up the stairs out of breath.

"I told you to fucking watch her, if she comes near me again at work I'll have both of your heads." He shouts.

Peter grabs my arm forcefully, then Eric grabs Peter by the shirt, "but you better not hurt her."

Peter loosens his grip on my arm but still yanks me away from Eric.

***
**
*

~2 and a half months later~

My stomach has grown embarrassingly large if people didn't know before they know now. Eric has planned all of my appointments but the one I have to say is sending me into a frenzy. Eric purposely took today off so he can go to this.

The baby's gender.

I personally don't want to know what it is but in this relationship Eric has all the control and no matter how hard I fight against him he always one ups me. He has complete control.

"Come on. Walk faster." He barks at me, storming towards the doctor's office.

I make my way to the chair, my stomach is large and I'm to short to prop myself up so Eric picks me up slightly. He rolls his eyes. Him and I haven't been on the best terms lately. Me, I've just been trying to keep my mouth shut, I've grown tired of getting into trouble by him, I know I won't win.

They slather the cold goop on my stomach and place the monitor on my stomach feeling around for the baby. We hear the heartbeat and everything, I look over at Eric, he isn't smiling or anything.