Chapter 41(Special Eric's POV Chapter)

**ERIC'S POV**

I "wake up" after another night of no sleep. A mad woman and my baby plague my dreams.

I get up with a groan and go to check on my other four kids who all have a sane mother, sort of. After making sure my gang of E's is alright I go to make myself a pot of coffee only to drop my favorite mug and have it shatter on the floor.

Fuck, am I tired. With a groan I pick up the pieces and toss them only to hear crying from Ean's room, then Emery's, and then from the twins. I groan again as I see Elena is up too and rushing for the twins room.

"I'll get the other two." I moan.

"I heard you dropped something in the kitchen, are you okay?" She stops me.

"Yes." My head is pounding and my eyes feel heavier than they ever had in my life. I'm not a morning person in the first place, but now it feels amplified by a thousand.

We handle the children until everyone has stopped crying and has eaten something. We all seem to meet up in the kitchen.

"Come with me today?" I'm so tired I don't even know what I'm saying anymore.

Her eyes widen. "You want me there?"

"I need you to see this." So that way she never leaves me the way Audrey did.

She itches at her elbow nervously. "What are you trying to prove to me?"

"That this baby needs to come here."

She frowns and rubs my shoulders. "I'll go with you. I'll call Peter to watch the children." She leaves to grab the phone.

I grunt in response. I head towards the bathroom to get ready for the day and to get a good look at what a mess I've become. I scan myself up and down and I chuckle. Even at my worst I'm better than all the rest of these other pricks in this compound. Especially Four and Uriah.

The bags and dark circles under my eyes are black and it looks as if I've gotten the shit beat out of me, but that would never happen.

Peter knocks on the door and all the kids scream. He'll have a fun day. I smirk to myself.

"You ready, babe?" I nod to Elena who is dressed in Dauntless black, she actually looks like she fits in with the compound for once instead of Candor.

"I think so," she looks nervous. I don't think that I'm even ready to see this basketcase.

"Let's go." I hold out my hand to her and she takes my hand swinging it.

I lead her down the winding halls of the compound and out a secret exit. I'm not sneaking around per say, but I'm not exactly doing what I'm suppose to. If anyone asks I just say that I'm doing security checks and keeping the homeless in check for the safety of everyone. They'll believe almost anything I say, fools.

We ride the train and jump off together and I have to catch my tumbling, gangly wife who really can't ever seem to play the part of a Dauntless right. I chuckle to myself and she gives me a pointed look I shrug off.

The factionless live in filth and ruin.I have to hold my breath from the smell of all the rotting that seems to surround us.

I lead to Audrey's place and bang on the door. "Audrey, it's me, Eric." I yell to her. She won't open up without it.

She cracks the door open, I can only see one of her brown eyes. She looks around. "Who is with you?" You can hear the panic in her voice.

"It's me, Elena," my wife calls back gently.