Chapter 21

I take a long shower, I close my eyes and let the steaming water run down my face. I miss being in this apartment, I felt like I'm back at home even if this isn't going to last long.

I turn off the water and put on one of Eric's sweatshirts because it'll long and big and then put on my black tight pants. Eric is in the living room sitting on the couch.

"You feel better now?" He asks me.

I shrug my shoulders. "Still a little shaken." I sit down next to him. He turn his body so he's facing me. "Are you going to continue to be with Vanessa?" I ask him nervously as I play with the stitching on the sweatshirt I'm wearing.

"I got extra security for you to stay outside of your apartment," he say unable to look me in the eyes.

I grab his chin with my hand and move his head so he was eye level looking at me. "Eric," I breath out.

"Elena..." He breaths out back.

We're looking intently into each other's eyes, mouths slightly open. I watch as his eyes flicker back and forth to my left eye, then my right. He moves closer slowly, as do I. I close my eyes and a second later I feel his soft lips crash against mine, I miss the rush of electricity running throughout my body that he brings everytime we touch. Our motions are rough and sloppy grasping at each other like animals trying to pull ourselves closer which in our case is physically impossible, right now we are one.

His lips trail down to my neck, my hand on his head pulling him closer to my skin. God, how I've missed him. I let out a soft moan, Eric is overcome by our experience as he tugs at my shirt and lifts it over my head in one swift motion. My back is against the couch and Eric is hovering over me breathing heavy, he stares at my chest and then down to my stomach, I notice he looks angry, I watch as his hands clench. I look down and notice black and purple bruises along my stomach, breast and hip bone. They don't hurt much, or maybe they do and I just hadn't noticed.

I run my fingers along Eric's jawline, he turns away.

"I won't let anyone touch you ever again."

I try my hardest to remember Eric rescuing me last night, but I can't make out many details making the whole experience worst, not knowing what truly happened from start to finish.

"What did you do to him?" I whisper to him.

"I killed him," he says simply with no remorse.

I look into the pits of his eyes. "Eric..."

"I've learned to live with the blood on my hands. This isn't on you, don't worry about it."

We're silent for a few seconds until his attention is back on my stomach. His fingers lightly trail over the bruises, he's so light that I can barely feel the contact. He lowers himself down on me and I feel him leaving wet kisses along my torso.

In this moment being back with him felt like all the cliche love stories, it felt as if we were both in slow motion and every moment was pure bliss and was something we both never wanted to end.

As he pushes himself inside me I let out a deep breath as he digs his nose into the crook of my neck. I wrap my hands on his head, his hair is short on the sides and longer on the top. I brush my hands through the longer part of his hair messing it up, it sticks up from the grease. I don't mind and neither does he. As he continues to thrust and take every ounce of breath out of me I run my hands up and down his large biceps. Aside from his eyes my favorite part of him is his arms, I love his bicep and hands, they're strong and make me feel protected, like no one can ever hurt me, never again.