Chapter 79 (Special Eric's POV Chapter)

*Eric's POV*

After a night of Elena's accusations it started to make me think about Serena and any clues or hints she may have left in the past couple of weeks.

Ean was ignoring us, but we betrayed him so I figured that his behavior was normal.

I didn't want Elena to believe in her idea or let her know that I thought it was remotely plausible because I didn't need yet another reason for her to hate Serena.

I already knew what Ean had told Elena was part of the truth. Ean has had a crush on Serena for years now. I know that Serena thinks Ean looks good now. I could tell as much by the way she focused on him whenever we go to see the Dauntless-born initiates.

I decide to ask Serena about it as we make our morning rounds, or rather I try to get something out of her about it.

"So why didn't you tell me that you and Peter broke up?" I ask curiously as we run side by side through the halls.

"I just wasn't ready to yet." She shrugs. "How'd you find out?"

"Peter ran into Elena at the grocery store."

Serena nods.

"So who have you been seeing the past two weeks?" I lift my chin.

Serena quickens her pace next to me. "A guy. Eric," she sighs, "I'm really not ready to talk to you about this yet."

"Fine. I respect that." I look over at her. "Did you know you were in Ean's fearscape?"

"No. I didn't. That's odd, right?" Serena plays it cool. I really can't pick up whether she's lying or telling the truth.

"Yeah, definitely odd." I chuckle. "Hey Serena, do you wanna come over for dinner after work today?"

"Uh..." She seems to think it over for a minute. "Sure." She smiles.

Later on that day Serena comes home with me for dinner. I walk in the door with her behind me.

"Hey honey, I'm home." I call out to Elena.

"Hey, how was--" she stops when she sees Serena. "Oh, hi Serena."

"It was good. Serena will be joining us for dinner tonight." I smile and Serena waves.

"Okay, um, Eric can I have a word with you in the kitchen?"

"Sure." I turn to Serena. "One moment, make yourself at home."

I make my way into the kitchen and Elena follows basically pushing me in.

"Are you not consulting me on things anymore?" She asks furiously. "What the hell?"

"I had an idea I had to go with. I have to test them together. I think you're right and they might be dating."

"You think I'm right?" She smiles in victory.

"Just this once because you were actually thinking." I smirk. "Don't let it get to your head now."

"You want to tell Ean--and kids, Serena is here then. Besides dinner's almost ready."

"Yep, I'll go get them all."

When I exit the kitchen, Ean is already in the living room talking to Serena. They immediately stop talking when I see them.

"Oh no, carry on. I was just going to get everyone for dinner and to tell them that Serena will be joining us tonight, but I see you already found that out, Ean." I smile.

I make my way to the rooms of the five other kids and inform them. Then I head back into the living room to talk to Serena and Ean.

"How was your day, son?" I ask Ean.

My Fear (Eric Divergent Fanfic)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें