Chapter 30

The morning sun shines through the window and I open my eyes to see Eric peacefully sleeping beside me. I kiss his lips and say, "good morning Eric."

His eyes flutter open and his eyebrows pushed together. He's not a morning person.

"Morning." He mumbles.

"Ean's crying," I close my eyes. "Go feed him he's probably hungry." I mumble back.

He grunts. The bed creaks as he gets up and floorboards creak beneath him as he goes into the nursery to take care of Ean.

I fall back to sleep for a little while longer.

When I get up I notice three hours have passed and I walk into the kitchen to see Eric dressed for the day and Ean babbling happily in his high chair.

I kiss Ean on his chubby cheeks and take a seat at the table next to him and start feeding him as Eric stands by sipping his coffee.

"He needs a haircut, I mean look I can give him a pony tail." I say holding a chunk of his hair gently in my fist.

"Is it really growing that fast?" Eric asks shocked. His eyebrows raise as he looks over at Ean.

I wrap one of my hair ties in his hair. His fine hair making the ponytail stick straight up on top of his head. I laugh and look over at Eric who doesn't look amused at the pony tail on his son. "You refused to let me cut it last time. I told you he looks like a girl."

"Cut it." He huffs still a little grumpy from the morning.

I head to the bathroom to grab a pair of scissors. I head back the kitchen to Ean and start cutting his hair short--the way I like it. When I'm finished I stand in front of him as he smiles at 1me. "There he looks like your son again," I smirk impressed at my cut job.

"You gave him the same haircut you give me!" He scowls playfully and whines, "And here I thought I was special."

"Now you two really look like twins," I shift my eyes back and forth between the two. "You're definitely the father."

"Well, I'd hope so." He actually scowls this time and rolls his eyes.

"I can't believe he turns one so soon," I say in disbelief. I've been trying to work the conversation up to a fight--not an intentional fight but I can't stop hearing him from the day of the incident that he was okay with having another child. I want to bring it up again but at the same time I don't want to start a fight. I'll ease into it.

"Were you thinking a birthday party? I mean he really doesn't know anyone, but you wanted we could get a cake and have a little something..." He trails and tries to read me.

"I wasn't thinking about a birthday party, but maybe just a little celebration and we can invite Peter--he loves Peter. I just mean...Ean is getting old, one years old, he's no longer our tiny baby." I can see him analyzing me. Does he know what I'm thinking?

He smiles. I have the feeling he does. "Oh, I know! Before we know it he'll be old and picking his faction" He coughs, "Dauntless" he coughs again "Then his brothers or sisters will too and by then we'll be old and I'll still be kick ass of course." He grins now showing teeth.

My eyes widened a little too obvious the minute he said 'brothers or sisters' he definitely knew what I was thinking. "Well I mean if Ean is going to have brothers or sisters," pick at my fingernails, "maybe they should be close in age," I look up at him.

"Do you get enough sleep now? When's the last time either of you have been to a checkup?"

"Well I went when I had the miscarriage---and Ean has all his vaccinations, he is healthy and fine. I mean...I get a...decent, amount of sleep."