Chapter 75

****************2 Year Later*******************

Ean is now fourteen years old, Emery had just celebrated his thirteenth birthday, Phoenix and the twins are eleven and Eero is now eight.

The kids have grown so much it's unbelievable.

Ean is growing taller and taller everyday, puberty changing the little boy right before my eyes. His voice was deeper now and he was catching up to Eric is height--he's definitely going to be taller. His hair dirty blonde, he likes to keep it shaved on the sides and long in the middle where he wears it in a pony-tail.

Emery hasn't changed much, he keeps to himself. He still works on his blueprints. He's a teenager now and going through change, but he doesn't talk to Eric and I about anoy of it. Emery looks like me, his hair is blond and short unlike his older brother. He's taller than me and slim with no muscle on him. He likes to dress nice in his black casual wear. Since birth he's always been private.

Phoenix has grown up to be rambunctious and reckless, his hair, eyes, and skin are all of a dark complexion. He usually keeps his hair short, but lately it's been growing longer as it curls at the ends. He works out a lot with Ean--he looks up to his big brother and I find it kind of sweet.

Eli cannot be separated from Phoenix, he loves spending time with him but lately I've noticed a gradual change, at first I didn't know what it was, but he soon confessed he was scared of getting close to us if he was going to leave Dauntless. Sometimes you just know where you belong. Like Ean, Eli's hair is long, usually he wears it long as it touches his shoulders, his hair is light like Emery's and Eloise's. He's as tall as me now--it seems none of the kids got my short gene so far...there's still Eero though.

Eero, the youngest, he looks most like Ean with his dirty blond hair, he's still a child and likes to play pranks on everyone and run around--that kid is way too hyperactive for me to control. He usually keeps to himself, everyone of my children seemed to of paired up with another except Eloise and Eero, they are stand offish, Eloise hates Eero the most--I think it's just her big sister complexion.

Eloise is now eleven and she's been going through her adolescence pretty much like every girl, mood swings, worrying about complexion and weight and everything that loves to make your self-esteem go down. She works out by herself when her brother's aren't around. She's shorter than me, but catching up. Her golden hair is long and touches her waist, usually she braids it back.

I set aside a clean dish as I grab one from the dirty pile and start to clean it.

"Mom," I'm interrupted by Eloise.

"Yeah hun?" I turn to look over my shoulder. She's standing near the kitchen table her hair back, she's wearing black workout wear.

"I have my period." She says twiddling her fingers.

I turn around to look at her. "Oh," I can feel the awkward embarrassing tension. "Do you need...anything?"

"I-I don't know where the stuff is..."

I set down the dishes and I walk into my bathroom, she follows me. "Here are pads, here are tampons," I hand her both. I scratch at the back of my neck. Boy, I was not prepared for this talk so soon.

"Thanks."

"Do you...want to talk about it?"

"No!" She yells. "No way mom! You're so embarrassing!" She storms off.

I head back into the kitchen to finish the dishes, Eric walks into the apartment home from work.

"When did I become the embarrassing mom?" I call out to him.