Chapter 35

**six weeks later**

Emerys health reports all turned out good and finally, finally, we are able to bring our baby boy home. Eric stayed with me at the hospital and when I was released from the hospital we still stuck around for Emery. Peter has been a trooper by watching Ean a lot but neither of them minded.

Eric came with me back to my apartment where Ean couldn't wait to see his new baby brother.

The first thing I did when I got back was fall to the couch exhausted. Eric is holding the carrier and Peter walks toward Eric to see Emery while holding Ean in his arms.

"Another bro to add to the pack." Peter remarks and turns to Ean and talks to him in a baby voice, "the newest member is here."

"Lord help me," I call out from the couch. I watch closely as Ean babbles and motions for the baby. He's nearly 20 months old, not that he really understands what's going on; but I think he sees Emery as his new play thing.

We get settled in and give Peter the rest of the day off. Eric takes care of Ean while I take care of Emery by breastfeeding him.

Eric puts Ean down for his nap and then comes back into the living to sit next to me.

"Look at him going to town. He must've been really hungry." Eric laughs fascinated.

I look at Eric who's eyes are fixated on Emery. "How long are you staying here?"

"I was actually going to go back tomorrow once Peter returned. I have limited time off of work now and plus I have to go back to my place and see...her."

"This isn't going to work," I mumble. "Is she living there now because...because I can't take care of Ean as well as a newborn so you'll have to take Ean when you go back and I-I don't want Audrey there."

"No. I mean she practically does live there, but I've never brought her around him and I won't because it makes you uncomfortable. Audrey understands too." Eric seems to be daydreaming a little bit.

I want to badly roll my eyes at perfect Audrey. "Thank you," I say through almost gritted teeth. "It's going to be hard the first few months, I really hope you realize that. Especially that we aren't together."

"Yeah." He says as if he's on autopilot. "Peter will be here a lot whenever I'm not. I think we should look into getting you a real extra hand around here. Peter is suppose to be guarding now."

"Like who? A stranger?" The whole thing to me is ridiculous we wouldn't need the extra help if Eric and I were living together, if we were back tog...I stop myself. "I don't know if I feel comfortable about that."

"You'd do the interviewing and the hiring. I would think wisely about this. You may want to get out a day or two and catch up with Uriah for a date. It'd be good for you." He weakly smiles.

"I'll have to call him, yeah. It would be nice to see Uriah, I missed him," I say it only to get under Eric's skin.

Instead he smiles, like really smiles this time, "I'm happy for you."

I want to punch him. "So you'll take Ean for tonight?"

"Oh? Really? I thought you'd want me here. I wasn't going to leave until tomorrow."

I guess it couldn't hurt having him here tonight. I nod my head. "You can stay tonight. But when you leave tomorrow, please take Ean."

"I have to go and pick up the things at my apartment before he comes, I kind of wrecked the place when Peter called me..." He blushed.

I smile slightly at him. "When I need a break, I guess I could pump some milk for Emery and give them to you. You'd be fine with both of them? You know not soon, but in a few weeks give or take?"