Chapter 33

**four months later**

I get dressed in my loose fitting black clothing--considering nothing fits me anymore, I'm much bigger than I was around this time with Ean.

I haven't seen Eric since I've moved out four months ago, and it was hard not seeing Ean as often as I liked. Eric's been busy with work and...other affairs, so Peter has been switching Ean off, not that I minded seeing Eric makes things all the more worse.

Today, he'll be picking me up for my sonogram. I can't tell if I'm nervous to see him or not.

He knocks on the door.

"Come in," I yell as I pour cheerios in front of Ean to pick on at his high chair.

Peter and Eric strides into the room. Naturally, Peter starts to make himself at home. Peter has finally started to forgive me for the lashing he took months ago and has decided to babysit again, even though I'm pretty sure he's been forced to by Eric anyways.

"Getting big." Eric comments as he takes in my appearance fidgeting. He gives a small smile.

I place my palms on my round belly and smile back at him, "Ean's been pointing at it and saying 'baby'." When I started to show I tried telling Ean that mommy is carrying a baby inside her, as I would point to my stomach, he picked up on baby and won't stop repeating it. I cough and then look at Eric, "are you ready to go?" I tuck my long hair behind my ears.

"The kid is too smart for his own good." Eric really smiles this time as he looks at Ean blabbering on about the baby. "I'm ready if you are." He says motioning towards the door.

I walk over to Ean and brush his hair back and kiss him on the cheek, "be good for Peter," I say and then head back into the living room and wait by the front door.

"Have a good time guys!" Peter calls as he kicks his feet up in the living room.

Eric and I head out the door; we walk through the compound silently, I can already feel this unnecessary tension.

"How have things been?" I say making awkward small talk. "I hear you've been working a lot."

"I have been. Things have been good. Audrey's good, it's getting serious I guess. Just taking it day by day I guess." Eric runs a hand through his hair and asks, "I get the reports from Peter when he picks up Ean, but how've you been for the most part? Enjoying the space?"

I didn't want to hear about Audrey. "Things have been...well I want to say good, but honestly this pregnancy is miserable. I'm as big as a whale and the cravings have only gotten worse. My diet has been chocolate and peanut butter for months now," I chuckle. "The space, it's nice, lonely--but nice."

"I'm still banking that it's a girl." Eric laughs. "Sometimes I feel almost bored when I come home and it's quiet and no one is arguing with me."

I lightly pat his arm and laugh. "That's one thing I don't miss...the fighting," for some reason, I'm lying. I miss Eric and everything that made up our relationship; even the fighting.

"How's Uriah?" He turns over to watch my expression.

"I haven't been seeing him lately, not that I don't want to. I've just been holding off until the baby comes." I admit.

"Yeah. I couldn't imagine. It probably sucks for you right now."

I give him a confused look. "Why's that?"

"I don't know everything you just mentioned about how this pregnancy is giving you a hard time. I mean you're probably exhausted and tired of the lack of control you have on your body I don't see why you'd want to start a relationship with that when they're also a lot of work."