Chapter 87

***Three and half months***

Things have calmed down relatively, aside from Eloise and Eric are still not talking to each other. Since initiation ended I haven't bothered to work because I want to spend time with my kids before the three of them either stay or defect out of Dauntless in a few months.

"Hello?" I answer the phone.

"It's time," Ean voice sounds panicked.

"She's having the baby?"

"Yeah. We're heading to Erudite. Meet us there." He hangs up.

I yell to the children to gather to get ready. I call Eric's office and tell him to meet us at the hospital.

**

Arriving in Erudite, Ean is waiting in the hallway for us all.

"How she doing?" I pull him into a hug.

"Fine. The doctors are checking her dilation and everything," he wipes his sweaty palms on his pants. "Em's over there too if you want to say hi to him."

We all sit in the waiting room as Ean heads back on to be with his fiancé and Emery comes out to to talk to all of us. He said he'll wait and stay until the baby comes. It's a nice family moment.

I grab Eric's hand and run my thumb along of it.

The children grew bored as hours pass by, Eric loses his temper a few times too many at them.

We hear the door open and Ean, who is wearing blue scrubs, is smiling. "He's here." He looks to Eric and I to follow him into the room.

I wrap my arm around Eric's as we follow Ean into the delivery room where Serena is holding her newborn baby. He has a thick head of brown hair and big blue eyes.

"He's beautiful," I get choked up.

"Yes, he is." Eric agrees. "Strong face, he's going to be a handful."

Ean laughs.

"Would you like to know his name?" Serena looks up at the both of us, sweat still present on her face.

I nod my head anxiously and hold on tighter to Eric.

Serena looks over at Ean and he nods. "It's Eric." Serena says watching our expressions.

My eyes widen and immediately look to Eric--my husband, Eric. "Another Eric Coulter."

Eric is too stunned to say anything.

"Eric the second." Ean slaps a hand on his father's back, enjoying the fact that he stunned him into silence.

Serena looks down at her baby then back up at me. "Would you like to hold your grandson?"

I take a step toward Serena as she lightly hands Eric to me. He coo's slightly as he's shifted from his small nap. I hug him close to my body as I kiss his chubby cheeks. "Little peanut," I run my finger along his smooth skin. "He's so beautiful," is all I'm able to say. "He looks like you, son." I say to Ean. "Only with Serena's hair." I chuckle.

"I was thinking he looks like a blue-eyed Phoenix." Ean smiles.

"Well you all look like your father," I smile.

Eric finally speaks up. "Strong genes."

"Would you like to hold him, dad?" Ean asks.

"Y-yes. I would." Eric nods.

Eric takes the baby in his arms and says to him softly, "Hey little guy, it's nice to meet you." Eric cuddles him in his arms.

I stand near Serena and grab her hand. Softly I say, "I'm proud of you."