Chapter 26

Weeks have passed and there hasn't been a fight between us even though I know one has been burning to get out of our system. Ean's been walking and I've been potty training him--yes it is just as frustrating and hard as mothers always say.

Eric has been working a lot and I don't mind because we he comes home at night there's no stopping us on the way to our bedroom. I notice Eric should be coming home any minute and I want to surprise him as I strip naked and wait for him.

Suddenly my stomach starts to hurt and I rush to the bathroom. I throw up.

I know what this means and I don't know why I begin to panic. Isn't this what I wanted? This isn't what Eric wanted. The past few weeks we weren't trying, but we weren't exactly careful either. My heart falls into my stomach and I hear the front door open.

Eric's home.

I continue to puke my guts up in the bathroom as silently as possibly.

He knocks on the door to the bathroom. "What?" My voice hoarse.

"Are you alright in there?"

"I'm fine," I fight back the throw up that is coming up. It wins and I puke, rather loudly too. Enough for him to hear.

"This is my fault. Let me in." He orders. "I probably got you sick with all the shit I've had to be around at work."

"The doors unlocked," I can barely catch my breath. It feels like I'm dying.

He walks into the bathroom, taking up most of the space. "You look fine. I don't think you're getting sick." He reaches and puts a hand on my forehead. "You don't have a temperature either." Then it dawns on him, his facial expression is one of shock and he whispers, "No."

I shake my head and then turn back to the toilet to throw up. "I don't know," I groan. "I-I didn't mean too," I know I said I wanted a child but it's not like a sabotaged for this. Also, I don't know I never took the test but this is exactly how I felt with Ean.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me." He shakes his head. "Come on. Now. We're going to the clinic."

My face goes white, "To do what?" the look in his eyes scaring me.

"We have to find out if you're pregnant first. Afterwards, we'll see depending." He crosses his arms and hovers over me.

I want to scream at him but instead I grab my stomach and threw up a little more. "What do you mean depending? What are you thinking?" I say angry.

He pulls me up off the ground, I slouch in his arms. "I mean, depending on if you're pregnant or not what course of action we decide to take. You're a child, you seriously don't believe in this being the right thing for you."

I know he's right. So I don't answer. He has Peter watch Ean as he takes me to the clinic, the feeling in my stomach goes away--at least for now. The nurse gives me the test and Eric waits by me as we wait to hear the results.

Eric and I got our own private room so no one from Dauntless would see us. We don't say anything to each other and I know he's mad and now suddenly. I don't want to be pregnant.

"Congratulations Elena," the nurse says cheerfully. "You're pregnant."

I don't look at Eric. All my energy and happiness is completely drained. There's nothing more that I'm dreadin than this conversation I know Eric is waiting to bark out.

The nurse leaves and gives Eric and I some privacy.

He looks at me, and I hesitantly turn my head to meet his blue eyes.