Chapter 63

I figured every time they tortured me it was a new day--if that were true then I've been here at least four days.

The door opens--five. I didn't want to know what I looked like, one of my eyes was so swollen I could barely open it, the cut on my cheek was still mangled and is definitely leaving a scar. All of the fingers on my hand were broken except for the thumbs. Everyday was a new finger. My shirt is ripped down the middle, she stabbed me and cut small pieces of the skin in my chest.

I'm broken and losing hope. Until I realize the man and the shadow who entered the room wasn't Daniel and Jeanine

It was Eric and Flint.

"Eric," I cry out in exhaustion.

He runs over to me, judging by the look on his face I knew I looked bad. I close my eyes in relief and let out a tear. The water stinging the gash on my cheek.

"You're okay now." Eric whispers to me as he unties the rope at my feet and then my hands.

My knees give out and I collapse into Eric's arms.

**

When I wake up I'm in the hospital, I have two casts for my broken hands, my face is stitched up as well as most of the cuts on my chest and stomach.

I open my eyes slowly, one them opening only halfway. "Eric..." my voice is raspy.

"I'm here baby, I'm here." He speaks gently yet he's hovering over me.

"What happened?" Possibly a concussion.

"You were tortured by Daniel. Flint and I found you. You passed out from the injuries as soon as I untied you and now you're here."

I close my eyes. "I knew you'd find me," I move my cast to his hand.

"Of course. I searched a week. The children miss you. I didn't know what to tell them, especially Eero."

I frown. "Do they know I'm okay now?" My voice sleepy sounding.

"Yes I just said that mom was away for awhile."

I move my mouth and can feel the stitches in my cheek. I remember the cut like it was just given to me. "It's gonna scar isn't it?"

"Most likely."

"I'm still pretty though right?" I joke. I give him a soft smile.

"You're badass now." He smiles weakly.

"Eric," my voice shakes.

"You're okay now. You're safe."

"I want to go home."

"You can't yet, they want to keep you overnight." He frowns.

"I-I don't want to be in Erudite," panic hits me and I start to breath heavy the monitors beep rapidly. I'm petrified.

"Calm down. I'm going to stay here with you. You're safe. He's never going to hurt you again." Eric gently strokes my hair.

"Please don't ever leave me," I cry.

"I'm not going to."

"Can you lay with me?" I ask softly.

"Yes. You gotta move over though."

I try to move myself, but struggle. "Can you help me?"

He nods and proceeds to, he then climbs in the bed next to me.

I rest my head on his chest. His heart is beating fast. "I'm sorry," I say to him.

"For what?"

"For disobeying you at work."