Chapter 73

****ELENA's POV****

It's been about a week and half since I found out Serena was pregnant. On my way to work I bump into her, it's one of the first times I've actually talked to her since the incident in the bathroom.

"Serena," I look up at her. She was maybe 5'6, 5'7.

"Elena." She rolls her eyes, disgusted.

"How are you?" I put on a fake smile.

"Fine." She turns to walk away.

"What's your problem?" I call her out.

"You're seriously asking me that?" She turns around and walks back to me.

"Sixteen and pregnant got you down?" I mock a frown.

"No. You fucked your husband's brother for starters; that's got me down." She furrows her eyebrows.

"What the hell?" I take a step back from her. "One, why is that bothering you so much? Two, it happened years ago and you don't know the full story," I cross my arms.

"Flint told me who Daniel was and Eric instantly got uncomfortable once I realized the connection. It fucking bothers me because, unlike you obviously, I care about Eric. He deserves more." She frowns.

I snort and laugh. "You don't know anything, you don't know the Eric I met when I was sixteen, he was a whole other kind of despicable. Also, Eric cheated on me for two years straight before I had sex with Daniel. We both did terrible things to each other. Don't pretend you know what went on and act like it was one sided."

She rolls her eyes. "I was sick all morning and I'm not going to be late for work now because you've made me sick again. So, excuse me."

"Crackers," I call out to her.

She nods and carries on her way to Eric's office.

All throughout work my knee starts acting up, I noticed from surveillance Eric was in his office with Serena so I decided to head over.

When I approach the door of his office I can hear them talking and laughing. I knock on the door.

"Go away! We're busy!" He calls jokingly and the two crack up.

"Yeah! Go away!" Serena goofily calls after him.

Now I pound on the door angrily.

The laughter stops and Serena opens the door of the office and steps aside as I march in. Eric sits at his desk with a look on his face as if I caught him guilty of something. "Oh... Elena, hey. What's up, babe? How are you doing?"

"Can you take me home? My knee is bothering me."

Eric stands from his desk. "Do we need to get you to the hospital? Should I call Flint?"

I shrug my shoulders. "I'm not sure."

"Serena would you please take my phone and call Flint for me?" Eric asks her and she nods immediately. "I don't want to risk anything." He says to me.

I nod my head. I begin to worry as the pain in my knee becomes more sharp. Eric offers his desk chair to me and I take it. Eric takes the phone from Serena and I listen in as he talks to Flint and then hangs up the phone.

"So?" I ask him. "Are we going to Erudite?" Eric knows how much I hate it there.

"Flint is coming here. He's bringing a set of instruments with him. God the way he talks sometimes..." Eric shakes his head.

"What?" I frown.

"It's just the way they talk over in Erudite, that's all." Eric replies.

"Oh yeah, I know exactly what you mean. I've always hated that. They're like emotionless robots." Serena agrees.