Chapter 61 (Special Eric's POV Chapter)

****ERIC's POV****

I left early today. I didn't want to bother waking up next to my still grumpy wife who loves to pick a good fight. I just needed my space from here and the entire mess of Daniel's sex tape with Audrey.

I get to my office early and start my day and luckily, whispers have since died down about the viral video. I know it's partially only because of the example I made of Elena establishing my authority. They all must know who is still in charge here, regardless of what goes on.

Daniel of course just had to sleep with another girl I loved. He just had to get that dig at me. Evil sonofabitch. I know he did it just to attempt to establish some sort of dominance over me in his head. He thinks he's better, he's always thought that, but he's wrong. He's just fucking sick. I should've beat the shit out of him sooner.

Later on in the day I start to feel kinda bad for what I did yesterday to Elena. I make the decision to go find her and apologize. I don't know what's wrong with me lately, I just feel so tense.

I go to Elena's post, but she's nowhere to be seen. Only Peter.

"Have you seen Elena?" I stare into Peter's soul. I'm in the mood for none of his shit.

"She didn't come to work today," Peter shrugs his shoulders.

"No...that can't be right. Are you fucking with me Hayes?" I narrow my eyes at him.

"No," he pushes his eyebrows together. "Quite frankly I don't really care where Elena is right now. All I know is she's not here and she hasn't been at her post all day."

"Did Max say anything to you about her moving her assignment? The time card says she's here."

Peter cross his arms and shakes his head. "No Max hasn't said anything. She's still assigned with me."

I nod my head. "Okay, back to work Hayes." Where the fuck could she be? Maybe something happened with one of the children?

I march my way back inside of the headquarters. My next move is to find Max and ask him, then visit the kids at school, and then to check the apartment.

Max, Max, Max, where are you Max? Rounding the corner I bump into him. "Hey, have you seen Cadet Coulter, sir?"

"Your wife?" He raises an eyebrow. "What have you lost her?" He lets out a low chuckle.

"Have you seen her, I have an order to give her."

"Saw her this morning punching in. She isn't at her post? She should be with Hayes," he responds calmly.

"Thank you." I nod and begin to walk away. She's not at her post and Max didn't give her any special orders, she must be with the kids. In a couple hours I'll have to go pick them up from school anyways, I'll probably just wait until then, maybe she'll turn up in that time.

The hours of my shift pass and still there was no sign of Elena. I checked with Peter again, only this time he was more pissy with my questioning, but still no Elena on his end either. I quickly grabbed my belongings from my desk and make my way over to the school to collect the six little Coulter's.

They all run to tackle me as soon as I arrive and I have the most fun I've had all day gently throwing their giggly bodies off of me.

We begin to walk home when I bring up Elena. "Hey kiddos, have you guys seen mom?"

"Not since last night," Ean says and the rest of the kids nod their heads. "Isn't she at work?"

"Oh yeah... she might be." I nod along. "She didn't say anything before she left this morning Emery? I know you get up earliest bud."