Chapter 73 - Faint Colors

.....

".....So there's nothing we can do, right?", Jack stuffed himself in a pillow. "We can't go back and threaten Betty to make them go to normal. Is that also right?"

Anna looked at Hiccup in the other room, looking at the stars. "Yes, and double yes."

Annabeth was crying now.

Sans was also staring at the stars beside Hiccup. "Well, Blue says hi, Stars."

Hiccup sighed. "Stars. I recently discovered that they are only dead flames. Magestic and beautiful yet deadly at the same time. Like....Betty."

Sans laughed coldly. "Dude, she's making you like this."

He turned to him. "I don't care."

Only then did Sans notice his eyes.

The eyes are the window to the soul, that's what's everyone knew.

And before, his eyes we're full of liveliness, kindness, innocence, hope and happiness with a faint figure of a leaf in the middle if his eyes are Emerald Green.

When Crimson Red, his eyes reflected Determination, Hate sometimes and protectiveness with a faint dagger in the middle.

But now....

His eyes we're grey.

Not Annabeth grey. It was much lighter than hers.

His stare was blank. As if he was really numb.

And the faint figure in his eyes now are broken hearts.

Sans hugged him close. "I-i really want to give up now."

For once, he felt pity.

Hiccup pulled him close and hugged back. "Whatever it is your doing, don't give up. Please."

Green
10/500   

Red
1/500

Sans gasped. He saw both Green and Red in his eyes. It's faint, but it's there and that's something.

He got real excited. "Guys! Hic's eyes!"

Annabeth groaned at him. "What about it, comedian?"

"They're Red and Green now, idiot!", Sans spat at her. "It's faint.....but it's STILL THERE!"

Annabeth literally jumped out of her bed and fell down to the ground painfully.

"Oohhh...", Piper winced. "That's gotta hurt...."

Percy looked at her. "Hey, you okay?"

Sea-Green
10/1000

Jason looked at Percy. "Well something is happening. To both of them. Which means......"

Piper beat him to it. "OMGs! They're going back to normal omgasdfghjklvzvmmm!!!!!!!!"

"So, what we're gonna do", Hazel butted in. "Is make them remember who they are."