Chapter 65 - Too Well

He approached Betty. The boys kept their distance to prevent her from feeling threatened.

She was laughing her butt off on their horrified mist selves (thanks to Hazel) when he stood in front of her.

"Uhh.....Hi...?", Hiccup awkwardly greeted.

She just stared.

"So, uh...", he smiled at her kindly and nervously. "I should introduce myself. My name is-"

Hiccup, Betty cut him off, nodding. The peacekeeper. The most powerful divergent.

"Well, right....?", He looked away sheepishly. Blueberry gave him a thumbs up. "Anyway-"

You'd like to be my friend, she smirked. Right?

He nodded cheerfully. "Right!"

Wait. How can she know what he's gonna say?

Oh sorry. The Author got carried away again.

She circled him. For some reason, he felt his Fears slitting up his throat.

You're really sweet, Cutie pie, she giggled.

He only half-heard her but did she just called him Cutie pie? "Um....thanks, I guess...."

And cute, too!, she cupped his face and made him face her with one inch distance. I'm gonna keep you!

He stared at her. "Uh...what?"

*BOOM!*

*CRAASSHHH!!!*

It seems that the girls are doing a pretty good job there.

"Oh no you don't", Anna breathed out. "He's mine!"

Betty growled. She made Kumu after her.

"A-ANNA!!!!", Hiccup screamed in horror.

She rolled her eyes and grabbed his shoulder. YOU'RE THE ONLY ONE KIND TO ME AFTER I BECAME LIKE THIS AND I WON'T LET THAT DISGUSTING FELINE HAVE YOU!!!

He fell silent. She calmed down a little.

Join me on my side,  she commanded. We'll have everything after I finish draining Ink's power. We'll be unstoppable!

'So that's what she's doing to him', he thought.

He pulled away and gave her his gentlest smile. "I'm really sorry but.....my friends need me and I can't let them down. I hope we can still be friends after this."

She looked away, her face strangely unseen. I see. Alright. Sure.

Operation Befriend Enemy complete!

She suddenly hugged him. He hugged back.

Suddenly, a jolt went up his spine. His eyes turned pink for a second.

He started to go limp in her arms.

Maybe the operation worked a little too well.

Because she loved him so much that time that she forced him to love her as she loves him.

Even if it meant sucking up all his DETERMINATION and leave him with nothing but LOVE for her.