Chapter 52 - Sans' Past

Gaster turned to Piper. "Is your name Piper, dear?"

She nodded. "Yes sir."

He turned to her knife, Katropis' container." I think you should take a look at that knife of yours, dearie."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"BLUEBERRY!", Sans huffed and puffed. He tried to reach him.

"NU!", Blueberry refused, thinking Sans was getting the cookies. "MY PRECIOUS!"

He ran away. Sans growled.

Frisk pat his shoulder. "Go get him, Sans. I believe in you."

Then they left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Piper unsheathed her knife.

Everyone looked at the blade.

Instantly, the knife showed five kids. Two of which were 5 year old Sans and 7 year old Papyrus.

(Note: I can't believe that Papyrus is younger than Sans. So in this story, Papyrus is older 😊😊.)

"Oh gods...", Carla gasped.

"H-how?!", Piper rambled. "The knife stopped showing images like this when I used it to stab a giantess' hand!"

"Say what, now?", Chara flinched.

Annabeth shrugged. "It's a long story, girl."

Faster sat up straight. "Sigh. I guess I'll be explaining my son's past, then."

All of the teens looked at him.

"It all started long ago, on the day Papyrus was born...."

••°° Flashback: Papyrus' Birth °°••

Papyrus wailed as his mother held him. Gaster took Papyrus. Instantly, his mom went deadly still.

("His mom, Sara, died. It was the saddest day of my life.", Gaster sighed.)

Papyrus still cried and wailed. Gaster shook his head andd trembled.

("Wait", Jason interrupted. "If their mom died, how did Sans arrive in this world?"

Gaster winked. "I was just getting to that.")

••°° Cut to: Gaster's lab °°••

("Little did I know, my coworkers did something unbelievable, yet also UNFORGIVABLE. ")

The coworkers toyed with stuff inside his lab.

One came across a n incubation chamber. Then suddenly, he had an idea.

They got to work.

(Everyone stared intently on the knife's blade, curious of what  they're going to do.)

They got some chemicals that Alphys brew and started to make something.

When Gaster came, he almost dropped Papyrus.

His coworkers have created four skeleton embryo monsters! And one of them is Sans!

("WHAAAATT??", Clarisse screeched.)

"How did you guys do that?", Gaster asked.

Two years later, the monsters we're 'born' since the development slowed.