Chapter 4 - Own Reflection and Lured In

"WHAT THE- WHAT ARE YOU?!"

Hiccup yelled. The reflection at the pond chuckled.

"Woah, buddy, haha. Calm down!", It said.

Hiccup sat straight, took a deep breath and stated " I'm calm."

Then the reflection came out of the pond. It became a floating ghost-thing.

"Heya.", It- no, He- greeted. " Name's Roman"

Hiccup nodded and tried to shake his hand but it went through his.

"Oops.", Roman whistled. " Forgot to tell 'ya. I'm your DETERMINATION essence."

"Determination essence?", Hiccup asked. Then he gasped as he remembered what his father told him. " Y-YOU'RE MY OTHER SIDE?!"

Roman shrugged, red eyes gleaming. "Eehh...more like ghost twin brother."

"Oh", Hiccup replied. Then Roman stopped floating and went near him. Hiccup didn't flinch.

" Hey, you activated your powers!", Roman noticed.

"I did?", Hiccup squeaked.

" Yeah, bro", Roman flew around the Auburn-haired teen. "Glowing eyes means: POWER ACTIVATED."

Hiccup grabbed the shard of glass and stared at his reflection.

The red-eyed ghost stared at the teen. "Y'know, if you want to turn it off, you could have just snapped your fingers."

Hiccup turned to Roman and snapped his fingers. His eues turned to normal. Roman eyed a cactus plant and kicked it.

Well, tried to, but he just went through it. "Thank gods the plants are back to normal too.", He sighed.

" Oh yeah", Roman remembered. "I'll always be with you throughout now."

Hiccup just nodded. Then asked. "Why did you appear now?"

Roman shrugged. "I can't appear to you on those days. My determination wasn't enough yet that time. Sorry though. That I left you alone and abused."

Hiccup smiled. 'It's okay."

Roman scoffed. "I could've stood up and fought them y'know."

Hiccup nodded again.

"And Hic", Roman reminded. "I can possess you and also, I like pie."

Hiccup isn't sure what to think about that. Maybe, that if he's talking to his friends and he suddenly took over........he decided not to think about it or he'll get paranoid.

Then, a female voice spoke behind them. "Hey, can I get your attention?"

They both turned around. There was a girl with long, wavy blond hair, rainbow sparkly eyes ( litterally. She has no proper eye color), and wearing an ankle-sized skirt.

Roman drooled. Then it occured to him. The girl was their EXACT definition of beautiful. It's an ability called 'Charm'. He realized what she was trying to do.

"Follow me.", she ordered. She began walking. Hiccup followed, eyes glassed over.

No matter how many times Roman snapped and annoy him, he won't bulge. He was under a trance that deep.

Then the girl grabbed his hand. And Roman can be overprotective. He held the girl's arm, which surpisingly, he didn't pass through.

" Oh, Roman", The girl giggled. "Nice to meet you. I was just taking little Hiccup here."

"Who are you?!", Roman growled

The girl smiled. " I'm Aphrodite, dear."

Then, she teleported away, dragging Hiccup and Roman (they're connected) with her.