Chapter 16: Apologies

Justin's P.O.V.

I kept calling and calling the number back but no one answered.

I hope Ariana is ok. It sounded like that guy was gonna hurt her.

"Justin just calm down, it's ok"my mom says. "It's not ok, Ariana could be hurt"I yell.

"I'm sure she's fine, she's a strong and brave girl. She's probably got everything handled"she says.

"But-"I begin but my phone interrupts me. I look at the caller ID and it's my dad.

"Hello?"I say.

"Hey Justin, I'm here at your doorstep with Jaxon and Jazzy. Can you please come open up the door cause I've been ringing the doorbell for about five minutes now"he says.

"Oh, sorry, I'll be right down"I say and hang up.

"Who was that?"my mom asks. "It was dad, he's here with the kids"I say and leave the room.

I walk downstairs and to the door. Once I open it, the kids immediately give me a hug.

"Hey guys"I say. I stand up and than give my dad a hug.

"Where's your mom? She called me and told me she got food poisoned"he says.

"She's up in my room"I say and we all walk up to my room.

"Hey Pattie"my dad says. "Hey Jeremy"she says and they give each other a hug.

"Hi Jazzy and Jaxon"my mom says. "Hi Ms. Pattie"they say. I sit next to my mom on the bed and Jazzy and Jaxon sit with me too.

"So are you feeling any better?"dad asks as he sits on the edge of the bed.

"Just a little bit"she says. "At least it wasn't anything too serious"he says. "I know"she says.

"I made you a card"Jazzy says and hands my mother a piece of folded paper. My mom reads it aloud.

"Feel Better"She reads. She opens it up and continues reading. "Dear Ms. Pattie, I hope you feel better. You are too nice to be sick. You are the best. Love, Jazzy"she says.

"Aww thank you Jazzy"she gives Jazzy a hug.

"I got you something too"Jaxon says. He sticks his hand out of his pocket and brings out a lollipop.

"Daddy got me this for being good but since your sick you can have it. A lollipop always makes me feel better"he says and hands her the lollipop.

"Aww thank you Jaxon"she says and gives him a hug too.

"Why don't I make dinner for everyone"dad says. "It's ok, it's not necessary"mom says.

"I want to. Plus Justin can help me"he says. "Me? Cook?"I ask.

"Well son, your gonna get married one day and your gonna have to cook for your wife. Especially if you have kids, then your gonna have to cook extra. You might as well start practicing now"he says.

"Yea, If I get married"I say and think back to Ariana.

"Come on"my dad says and we both go down to the kitchen. Jazzy and Jaxon decide to stay and keep my mom company.

"So what shall we cook?"my dad asks.

"Umm, we can make some baked maceroni"I say and bring out all the ingredients. "Sounds like a plan"dad says.

I get a medium sized baking pan out of the cabinet. We start to make the maceroni and my dad starts to talk.

"So what is going on?"my dad asks.