Chapter 37: Kidnapped

Justin's P.O.V.

I'm awaken by a shrill scream throughout the whole house.

I open my eyes and the sunlight from the window hits me. I notice Ariana isn't in bed with me so I hurry out the room and look for her.

I hurry into Sophia's room first and there Ariana sits, crying on the floor.

"Ariana what's wrong?"I ask and get on the floor with her. "S...So..Sophia"she sobs.

"What about her?"I ask and stand up.

I look into her crib and she's not there. A whole bunch of sharp spearheads are in the crib. It's in the shape of a baby.

Joan, Frankie, and Jeanette come in.

"What's going on?"Joan asks worried.

"Do any of you guys have Sophia?"I ask panic overtaking me. "No"they answer.

Panic arises even more in me.

"Where the hell is she? Ariana answer me!"I yell at her.

"I-I Don't k-know"she sobs again.

"What do you mean you don't know?"I ask. "I-I found this"she hands me a paper.

It's a note.

To Justin:

You've taken what's mine, and now I've taken what's yours. I've had it with you, I can't stand seeing my only love in the hands of another man. Sophia isn't your daughter, she's mine. Ariana has been lying to you. You should go back to wherever the hell you came from. Until you leave Ariana, the baby stays with me.

Sincerely, anonymous

"Ariana what the hell is this? Tell me Sophia is mine?"I beg her, tears welling up in my eyes. I don't usually cry but right now I can't control myself.

"She is yours Justin. Whoever the hell took her is lying"she stands up, tears spilling down. She pulls me close to her.

Frankie takes the note from my hands and him, Joan, and Jeanette read over it.

"Oh my goodness!"Joan cries. Jeanette looks worried.

"What if this is Connor?"she asks."That bastard"I say through gritted teeth. "It has to have been him"I say.

Ariana covers her mouth and more tears spill.

"We need to call the police and tell them about this"Frankie says and takes out his phone. He dials 911 and they answer. He tells them about everything before eventually hanging up.

"They are on their way"he says.

"I can't believe this is happening right now"Ariana cries and I bring her closer to me.

I can't cry. I have to be strong, for the both of us.

"How the hell did he get in anyway?"Frankie asks.

"He must've kept his key"Jeanette says.

"When I find him, I swear I am gonna kill him"I say. "No you're not"Ariana says.

"Yes I am and I mean it"I say. She just looks away from me and down at the ground.

God why did this have to happen? All I want is Sophia back.

Ariana's P.O.V.

The police get here and they look over in Sophia's room while all of us stay in the living room.