Chapter 43: What a Friend

Chapter 43: What a friend

Justin's P.O.V.

I open my eyes and see that Ariana and Emily are still peacefully sleeping.

I feel horrible for what I said to Ariana yesterday. I know she forgave me but I shouldn't of called her what I did. I was mad and terrified all at the same time.

If Chaz hurt her in any way, I would've never been able to live with myself.

I love her way too much to let anything happen to her. I have to protect her, It's my job.

Girls take words like that to heart and I should've known better than to call her a bitch.

I have to make it up to her somehow and prove to her that I'm truly sorry.

Emily shifts in her sleep and I notice her eyes flutter open.

"Good morning"I say. She just stares at me with wide eyes.

"You ok?"I ask. "Yea, it's just I can't believe it's really you. I just slept in the same bed with Justin Bieber!"she silently squeals.

"You're a fan?"I ask excitedly. "Number one fan to be exact. I've been a fan since day one"she says.

"Well that's good. Look I'm sorry for yesterday. You should've never seen that side of me"I apologize feeling bad for making a scene in front of her.

"It's okay. I know you love Ariana very much and only want to protect her"she shrugs.

"How old are you again?"I ask. "I'm 13, but I'm turning 14 in a couple weeks"she adds.

"Wow, you're getting big. I remember when I was that age"I smile.

"Hey why don't we go freshen up and get some breakfast. Let's let Ariana sleep in a little"I suggest. "Sure"she agrees and we both get out of bed.

I get her an extra toothbrush out of the linen closet and we both brush our teeth. After we finish we head downstairs. Everyone is still asleep so we make sure to make little noise. I look at the clock and see that it's only 8:15.

"Why don't we make breakfast for Ariana?"I ask Emily. "Ooh yea. What are we gonna make?"she asks.

"Let's go see what we have"I say and we head to the kitchen.

We agree on making her some pancakes. I get all the ingredients and put them on the counter.

"First we need to make the batter"I say and get a bowl.

"I'll put the flour in"Emily says and pours some into the bowl. I pour in the baking powder and the salt. Emily adds in the sugar and then pours in the milk.

"We need an egg"I say and grab one out of the fridge. I smack the shell against the counter. Sadly the yolk falls on the floor.

"Aw man"I say. I wipe up the mess and Emily gets another egg.

"This is how you do it"she says. She lightly taps it against the bowl and then opens it. The yolk falls perfectly into the bowl.

"Show off"I say making her laugh. I add in the butter and then Emily mixes it all together until it's nice and thick.

I get a frypan and put it on the stove.

"We should make them heart shaped"Emily suggests.

"Do you know how to do that cause I surely don't?"I ask her. "Yep"she says and gets the bowl of batter.

She gets a spoon and takes some of the batter out the bowl. She puts some into the pan. She gets another spoonful and attaches it to the first glob making it look like a heart.