Chapter 42: The meet

Ariana's P.O.V.

I wake up only to the sound of my phone ringing. Justin isn't in bed with me anymore. I look at the clock and see it's 10:30.

I grab my phone and press answer.

"Hello?"I groggily say. "Hey beautiful. Did you have a good night sleep?"a dark, creepy voice asks.

"Who is this?"I ask. "That's for me to know and for you to soon find out sweet heart"he says.

"Wait a minute. You're the kidnapper aren't you? What have you done with my baby?"I yell.

"Shhh, keep it down baby girl"he says.

"I'm not gonna keep it down-"I begin but I'm cut off. "Stop yelling, if you don't, then you're gonna regret it"he warns.

"Who are you? What's your name?"I ask. "As I already said before, you'll find out soon. I just wanted to check up on my future wife"he says.

"I will never be with you. Why can't you understand that?"I ask. "Because I love you"he says.

"How do you know? I've never even met you"I say. "That's what you think"he says.

That's what I think? I've met this guy before?

"I have a task for you. I want you to come to Redberry Lane tonight. There I will pick you up and take you back to my place. I get to do whatever I want with you. Once I'm done, then I'll let you go. If you don't come, Sophia dies. I won't hesitate to pull the trigger"he demands.

I feel a big lump go through my throat.

"Y-you want m-me to meet you?"tears are about to spill out my eyes.

"Yes baby girl. Are you coming or not?"he harshly asks. I don't answer for a couple seconds. I have to do this, for my little girl.

"Y-yes"I answer. "Good, But you can't tell Justin or anyone your meeting me tonight do you understand?"he asks.

I can't tell Justin? He will freak out if he found out I met this guy without taking him along.

"Think of Sophia"he says. He's right. I have to think of Sophia. Justin would do the exact same thing if he were in my position.

"I won't tell a soul"I say. "Perfect. See you tonight beautiful"he says and hangs up.

Maybe this is a good thing. I can find out who he is and then tell the police. Justin will understand.

I get up from the bed and go to the bathroom. I wash my tear stained face and fix myself together before going downstairs.

"Hey sweetie"My mom hugs me as I walk into the kitchen. "Hey"I blankly say.

"You ok?"she asks. "Yea, I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be fine?"I quickly say.

"I don't know, Just forget it. Here"she hands me a plate of food. I walk into the dining room and take a seat next to Justin.

"Hey princess"he kisses my cheek.

"Hey"I say and take a bite out my breakfast. "You ready to start looking today?"he asks.

"Looking? Looking for what?"I ask confused. "For Sophia"he reminds me.

"Oh, right. Umm, can we not look for Sophia today? Can we start looking tomorrow?"I ask.

"What?"he seems taken back.

"Ariana the longer we put away looking for her, the more chance we have of her ending up dead. I'm not gonna just sit here and let the police do everything. She's my daughter and I'm gonna find her. I promised you I would and I'm gonna keep that promise. Not only for you, but for me too"he stands up from the table, clearly upset.