Chapter 39: Tracking

Ariana's P.O.V.

We all sit at the table eating breakfast in silence. All you could hear is the faint sobs of my mother.

Justin's phone begins to ring and he picks it up.

"Hello?"he answers.

"Yes this is"he says.

"You do? Have you found anything?"he frantically asks.

Who is he talking to?

All of us look at him.

"We're on our way"he stands up and ends the call.

"The police want us down at the station"he says and all of us hurry out of our seats.

We quickly get ready and drive to the police station.

"Justin and Ariana, follow me this way"the police officer who came to our house the other day, noticed us. We follow him into his office and take a seat.

"So?"Justin asks. "Ok, we couldn't trace the fingerprints but we did find out where the spearheads were bought"he says.

"Where?"Frankie asks. "At Bob's Wood store"he says. "I know where that is"my mom says.

"Wait how could you not trace the fingerprints?"Justin asks.

"Well whoever kidnapped your daughter, was really good when he laid these in the crib"the officer answers.

"I wanted to inform you and Ariana that me and my men are going to that store this afternoon. You guys are welcome to come with us"the officer adds.

"I'll go"Justin quickly offers. "I'm going too"I say. "Me too"Jeanette says.

"I'll just take Frankie back home with me"my mom says. "But I want to go"he says.

"You can't go. You're still healing from your wound"my mom tells him.

"Besides, Scooter and everyone else is flying back in and someone has to be at the house for them to come in"she adds.

"Fine, I'll go home with you"he says.

"Great, let me just round up some of my officers and we will be on our way"the officer says.

"By the way, my name is Officer Woodrow"he tells us his name before walking out.

"We'll see you when you guys get back to the house. Go get Sophia and bring her home"my mom says and hugs us before she leaves with Frankie.

"Let's go"Officer Woodrow motions for us to follow him out the office. We head out with him to a huge black escalade. A couple officers get in their police cars to follow us.

We arrive at Bob's wood store and we all get out.

"I'm looking for the manager of the store please"Officer Woodrow asks as we walk up to the cash register.

"You're looking at him"the cashier says with an american accent.

"You're the only worker of this store?"Officer Woodrow asks.

"Yep, I'm Bob"the cashier answers him.

"Well we were wondering if anyone in the past few days have bought spearheads?"Officer Woodrow asks him.

"Actually I think two people have bought spearheads this past week"Bob answers.

"Explain how they looked"Officer Woodrow tells him.

"The first one was a really buff guy with blonde hair, and the second guy had a hoodie on with dark sunglasses so I couldn't really see how he looked"Bob answers.

"That must be our guy"Justin says.

"Do you have any security cameras that we could check the footage on?"Officer Woodrow asks Bob.

"Yea, follow me to the back"Bob says and we all follow him. We come upon a really small stingy room with a small computer.

Bob types some stuff into the computer and a video comes on. He goes to the day and time the guy came in.

We all watch closely.

A guy with a black hoodie and black shades walks in. He walks to the back of the store and picks up some spearheads. Then he walks up to Bob at the cash register. He puts down fifty dollars, more than the spearheads are worth, then he walks out.

"This doesn't help at all"Justin says.

"Can we get a copy of this?"Officer Woodrow asks Bob. "Sure"he says and arranges something on his computer.
Once he's done, he gives Officer Woodrow a copy of the tape.

"Thank you"Officer Woodrow thanks him.

"No problem, but before you leave Justin, can I have an autograph?"Bob asks him. I can see the aggravation in Justin's eyes.

We are trying to track down a kidnapper and all this Bob guy can think about is getting an autograph.

Justin signs a stupid autograph for him and then we leave.

Justin's P.O.V.

"We have absolutely nothing"Jeanette says as we all stand outside the wood shop.

"Has anything else come up after the kidnapping?"officer Woodrow asks.

"No"I tell him. "Yea, we got a phone call last night from the kidnapper"Ariana says and the thought of last night comes into mind again.

"What? When were you going to tell me this?"Officer Woodrow asks.

"I don't know. I never thought to bring it up"I say.

"What did the kidnapper say?"he asks.

"He told me to leave Ariana but I refused. He also made us hear Sophia cry"I manage to hold back the tears forming in my eyes.

"Do you still have your call history?"he asks. "Yea why?"I ask.

"We can track the number down"he says. "Really?"I ask getting excited again.

"Let me see your phone"he says and I open up my call history and hand it to him. He brings out some type of device and scans the number.

A road map comes up, and a red dot pops up on the screen.

Pffff, Technology these days.

"That's about an hour away. We need to get driving"Officer Woodrow says and we all hurry into the car. The other officers get in their cars too and follow us.

"This should be where the phone is located and hopefully that's where the kidnapper and Sophia is"Officer Woodrow says, referring to the red dot on the screen.

"You really think we are gonna find her?"Ariana's sweet and soft voice asks.

"We can only hope"Officer Woodrow says. I look back at Ariana and she looks back at me.

"Everything is gonna be okay. We just have to wait and hope that Sophia is where we are going"I say she nods.

The adrenaline in my veins pump even faster as we near our destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A.N.

Hey guys! Cliffhanger!! Woohoo!

Sorry, I had to.

Anyways, will they find Sophia?

I will try to update Again on Thursday. Sorry this chapter was short, I'll try to make Thursday's update longer.

Comment💬

Follow👥

Vote👍

Love ya😘