Chapter 57: Argue

Chapter 57: Argue

Justin's P.O.V.

It's 11:30 at night as I walk through the front door of the house.

It's very dark as I try to make my way to the stairs.

The lights flick on and I see Jeanette standing at the top of the stairs with arms folded.

"Hey"I say.

Instead of answering she jogs down and forcefully pushes me on the ground.

"What the hell was that for?"I ask as I try to sit up.

"That's for hurting my best friend tonight by hanging out with that slut Selena"She yells at me.

"Selena is not a slut"I defend her.

"So your defending her now? Wow your a real ass whole!"She yells at me again.

"Why am I an ass? I didn't even do anything wrong"I tell her getting upset.

"You were supposed to be home early for your dinner date with Ariana. She worked her ass off to make you dinner yet you don't even show up at all. We even left the house for you two to have some alone time but instead when we come home we see Ariana sleeping at the dinner table all by herself. She cried for at least an hour!"She yells at me.

I feel a rush of guilt come over me at her words.

"I can't believe I forgot"I shake my head feeling terrible.

"You've been to busy hanging with Selena instead of your actual girlfriend. She has had to look for YOUR daughter without you for the past couple weeks"She continues to yell.

"I know, it's just-"I begin but she cuts me off.

"It's just what? How's Sophia gonna feel when she's a little toddler and she wants her father to sing her goodnight but he's out partying with other girls late at night huh? How do you think Ariana's gonna feel when HER HUSBAND, and yes I just said that, isn't at home to comfort her?"She yells.

The thought of that hurts me real bad. It hurts to know that I hurt Ariana tonight.

"Look, it was an accident, I'll just go say sorry"I say trying to get past her up the stairs.

"You can't, she's locked the bedroom door"She tells me and I sigh.

"You know what sucks the most? She was really excited to tell you big news tonight"She says.

"What did she have to tell me?"I ask.

"It's not my place to tell you. She needs to tell you, not me. I'm not gonna tell you something important. Not again at least"She lowers her head.

Not again? What?

"You really need to straighten your act"She demands. "I know"I sigh again.

"You get to sleep out here tonight. I'm going to bed. Think about your problems and how your gonna fix them before you go apologize to Ariana tomorrow"She tells me.

"I will"I say. She walks back upstairs out of sight.

I go into the living room and lay down on the couch.

I'd rather be laying next to Ariana in our comfortable bed than this couch.

I really screwed up tonight. How could I have done this to her? It seems like everything slips my mind when I'm around Selena.

I have to prove to Ariana that I'm truly sorry.

I already broke the promise I made to her to never hang out late at night with Selena.