Chapter 21: Painting

Ariana's P.O.V.

"So did you get a good night sleep?"I ask Jeanette as we sit at the table and eat breakfast.

"Yea"she says and looks down at her food.

"Well girls, today I have to run some errands. Connor is going to work as usual. I should be back by four. You know where everything is"my mom says and kisses me and Jeanette on the forehead.

As soon as she leaves, Connor comes downstairs.

"Good morning Beautiful" he says and pecks me on the lips.

"Good morning Jeanette. Did you have sweet dreams?"he asks. She looks up and doesn't say anything.

"Ok then. I'm going to work. Love you"he grabs a banana and kisses me again before leaving.

"Jeanette are you ok?"I ask.

"Yea I'm fine, here I'll take this"she stands up and takes our plates to the kitchen. My phone rings and it's Tracy.

"Hey Tracy"I say. "Hey how are you?"she asks.

"I'm good. My best friend just came down here from Italy"I say. "Oh that's nice"she says.

"Yea, she's here with me until the baby is born"I say. "That's great"she says.

"It is, now my two best friends are gonna be here with me through it all"I say.

"So what are you doing today?"she asks. "Nothing really"I say.

"You know what I was thinking, you need to make a bedroom for your daughter"she says.

"I don't know about that. Who's gonna paint everything and get all the furniture?"I ask.

"I can get the paint. Plus my mom kept everything from when I was little. So she still has everything from my baby room in her garage"she says.

"But I don't think your mom would be willing to give that up easily if she's kept it for this long"I say.

"Trust me. She will. She's been wanting to get rid of it for a long time"she says.

"Ok, how are you gonna get the stuff over here?"I ask.

"I can ask my dad to put the stuff on his truck and drive over here by tomorrow. Today we can just paint. You do have an extra room right?"she asks.

"Yea"I say. "Perfect. I'll go get the paint and I'll be to you by twelve"she says.

"Sounds like a plan"I say. "Great see you at twelve"she says.

I walk in the kitchen and see that Jeanette just finished washing the dishes.

"My friend Tracy is coming over so we could paint the baby's room"I say.

"Oh that's great. What color are we painting it?"she ask.

"I'm not sure but Tracy will probably surprise me with something great since she's getting the paint" I say.

•12:00•

"Hey!"Tracy comes through the door with cans of paint.

"Hey, thank you for doing this"I say and hug her. "Anything for you"she says.

"I brought along Jayden if you don't mind"she says. "Of course not, I love Jayden"I say.

"Aww he's so cute"Jeanette says.

"Thanks, now let's get painting"Tracy says and we go upstairs to the small bedroom with just a couple boxes in it.

We remove the boxes and set up to paint.

"Ok, I got pink paint for the walls since the furniture your getting is pink"she says. She opens the lid.

"Ooh that's a pretty shade of pink"I say.
We all grab brushes and a wall and begin painting.

By the time we finish painting it's six o' clock and my mom is already home making dinner. Connor still isn't home.

We all sit down in the middle of the bedroom and look at what we did.

"We did it!"Tracy says. Jayden is asleep in his baby chair.

"Hey Ariana can I ask you something?"Jeanette asks. "Sure"I say.

"Remember back when you were dating Jai?"she asks.

"Yes..."I say confused on why she is bringing this up. Especially now.

"Well remember when he told us about his mom and brother who left him with his dad when he was eight?"she asks.

"Yea"I say feeling weird. "Do you remember his brother's name?"she asks.

"No and I really don't care"I say.

"Are you sure you don't remember? Try to think really hard"Her voice raises a little bit.

"Jeanette"I snap at her, annoyed now. We have a guest over and she's trying to remind me of a bad relationship that I never want to think about again.

She opens her mouth to say something else but stops when Connor steps in the room.

"Woah! Is this all for your daughter?"he asks. "Yea"I answer him.

"It looks nice"he says.

"There's nothing even in here yet. The stuff should be coming in tomorrow"I say surprised he isn't mad that we painted this room.

"Dinner Is ready!"My mom yells from downstairs.

"Let's go eat"Jeanette rushes down.

"I see she loves your mom's food too"Tracy says. She brings along Jayden.

We all eat and when we finish, Tracy Leaves.

"I'm gonna go to my room"Jeanette says. "Ok.... Goodnight"I say.

She's acted really weird today. I hope she goes back to normal tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A.N.

Hey guys. Sorry if the chapter was short and boring. I'm just really tired right now.

A lot of you have been getting mad at the fact Justin hasn't found out yet but I promise you he is gonna find out about the baby.

The baby should be born in the next few chapters. I promise Justin will know. Please don't give up on the book.

Comment💬

Follow👥

Vote👍

Love ya😘