Chapter 31: More news

Justin's P.O.V.

"What?"I ask and stand to my feet.

"We're together"My mom says and stands up too. "Hear us out first"Scooter says and stands.

"Fine, but it better be good"I say.

"Ok, you know how I was engaged to Yael right? Well she began pulling away from me. She would always come home late and everything. I began getting suspicious. One day I asked her what was going on but she refused to tell me. We started a huge argument and she got really mad at me and threw the ring in my face. I had a feeling she was cheating on me"Scooter says.

"So you just decide since your relationship with Yael didn't work out you can just come and date my mom?"I ask.

"Justin, I really like your mother. She's a really great and kind woman. She deserves to be treated well. She can't stay alone the rest of her life. You have to realize that she's a grown woman and she can date whoever she wants"Scooter says.

"But your my manager...and she's... She's my mom"I say.

"I know"Scooter says. "Sweetie, you're just gonna have to get used to it"My mom says.

My mom and Scooter. Dating. I never saw that one coming for sure.

"Can you get used to it?"my mom asks me with hope in her voice that I will say yes.

I don't know. This is just weird.

"Please?"she asks, hands folded.

"Give me some time to think?"I ask.

"Sure, we'll give you all the time you need"she says.

"Now that that's done, who wants some cake?"Joan asks breaking the couple seconds of silence.

"You have dessert too?"Tracy asks.

I sit back down and sit in my own thoughts.

Will I be able to get used to my mom dating scooter my manager? I mean this is kind of unexpected and weird.

"Justin, are you ok?"Ariana's voice interrupts my thinking.

"Yea I'm fine"I say. "I can tell when you're fine and you're not fine"she says and looks into my eyes.

"It's nothing Ariana"I try to dismiss the conversation.

"I know that you're thinking about your mom and scooter. Whenever you're ready to talk, I'm right here"she says.

I look back at her. I want to kiss those beautiful lips so bad but I have to give her time and space. She's dating Connor and I would be extremely mad if she cheated on me with another guy.

I look back at Scooter and my mom. He's feeding her some of the cake Joan baked.

I can instantly see the love he has for my mom behind his eyes.

The same love he had for Yael but a couple more sparks.

How long have they been dating? Did they just get together or have they been together for awhile?

The sound of Sophia's cry fills my ears. She must've woken up.

"I'll get her"Ariana says and takes Sophia out the stroller.

"Hey dude, have you noticed Ryan talking to that Tracy chick the whole time we've been here?"Chaz comes up next to me.

"Yea I have. I think he likes her"I say.

"I feel like a loner now"Chaz says.

"You still got me"I say. "Eh, you're alright but I mean a girl. I need a girl to care for and to treat like a princess"he says.