Let Me Put You Back Together

Start from the beginning

"Are you okay, my lady?"

"She seems fine enough to leave." J snapped back to Jonny.

He stalked down the stairs, shoving Hatter out of the way and bending down so his face was inches from Lisbeth's.

"So anxious to leave me, that you couldn't even wait an hour after I gave you your freedom to leave me!" He growled at her

"So anxious to leave me, that you couldn't even wait an hour after I gave you your freedom to leave me!" He growled at her. He saw her eyes glaze over and he felt her mind go somewhere far away.

She pulled away from him screaming. "Please...please...please don't hurt me again. Please just kill me."

Joker's face changed; the anger disappeared and all that remained was sadness. He fell back on the bottom step, his head in his hands.

"What the fuck have I done?" He muttered to himself over and over.

He saw Hatter stand up to go to Lisbeth, but he quickly stood up himself and put a hand out to stop the goon. He walked over to Lisbeth and picked her up in his arms. The more she fought and screamed and bit at him, the tighter he held her. He kept whispering in her ear. "It's me, Daddy; you are safe little one."

He held her tightly in the entryway until he felt the fight leave her and her body melt into his. He then carried her into the sitting room, and sat down in his large armchair, cradling her in his arms.

Lisbeth heard him whisper something but couldn't catch it.

"What, Daddy?" She said in a weak voice.

"I don't want you to leave."

Lisbeth felt herself break into tears as she wrapped her arms tightly around his neck. "I don't want to either...but I have to."

He looked in her eyes with the most vulnerable expression that Lisbeth had ever seen on his face. "Maybe you can learn to love me again."

Lisbeth pulled back in surprise. "Is that what you think? That I don't love you; that I hate you?"

J nodded. "I let that bastard get you. I let him destroy you. And then I couldn't even be the one to rescue you."

Lisbeth stared at him, her own eyes locked on his sadness-filled ones. "You think that is why I screamed when you tried to touch me? That I hate you??"

Before J could react, Lisbeth had pulled out of his arms and angrily got to the ground. "Ok then! The truth?" She yelled. "Right now it is hard to let anyone touch me; I just keep thinking of that sadistic fuck!" She quickly took off her flannel shirt holding out her arms.

"Look, Daddy! Look at this!!! This is why I thought you wanted me to leave; why I was so eager to leave. Look how destroyed I am."

J winced looking at all the bruises, cuts and burns on her arms.

She then threw off her hat, revealing her bloody bald patches. Next came her shirt and pants until her whole battered body was on display.

"This is why I was leaving! I am not your little doll anymore. I am never going to be again! I am ugly and broken!!" Tears started pouring
down her face. "Not only on the outside, Daddy! The surgery?? It was to stop the bleeding inside me from him raping me. I will never have children. He broke me inside too! Here!" She pointed to her stomach. "And here." She said a little more quietly, pointing to her head."

J seemed to break out of his daze at that. He stood up and walked slowly over towards her, taking her face gently in his hands.
"Do I look like the kind of man that needs children-that wants children, running around his house?"

He brought his lips to her forehead. "The rest of it; the rest of the damage, we can handle together." He brought his mouth to her ear. "Let me help you. Let me put you back together."

Those words were what she needed to hear. She broke down in sobs, letting J engulf her in his arms. He quickly scooped her up, pushing past Hatter and Jonny to bring her up the stairs, where he shut them up in Lisbeth's room.

Jonny patted his brother's shoulder and silently walked into the kitchen. Hatter let out a big sigh and leaned against the wall, his eyes shut.

No one heard the other blonde girl of the house quietly leave the dark corner of the hallway where she had been secretly listening. No one heard Harley shut herself back in her room, lay down on her bed with her hands around her stomach and cry herself to sleep.