67) Amplification

Depuis le début

"Everything could go wrong", Liam speaks the truth.

"Guys if we don't do this, we lose Lydia", Scott emphasizes the real reason again. "She's going to die in there tonight", it hits us like a ton of bricks. "And she might take a lot of innocent people with her", he ends, which cause Stiles to look sad.

Malia goes with you to the school to help you practice controlling your power for tonight.

There's a bunch of lit light bulbs, you look at one before looking up at Malia who nods her head at it, wanting you to get it over with.

"What?", you ask.

"Do it. Do your thing", she points to your hands.

"What thing? I don't have a thing", you sigh, frustrated.

"You did it before, you had to learn how right?", she asks.

"Actually no", you think out loud, "it just happened", you shrug.

"How did you learn to fight with a sword?", she asks.

"That kinda just happened too", you admit.

"So you've never worked for anything so basically you're a cheater", Malia states.

"This wasn't my idea", you say, "How are we even getting passed the front gate?", you ask her.

"I have a guy on the inside", she says and you raise your eyebrow at her.

"Stop changing the subject and do your thing", she points to the light bulbs and your hands again.

You sigh before placing your hands on the two wires connected to the light bulb. The light gets brighter, the voltage rising as Malias eyes widen. But the light bulb explodes, pieces of glass falling onto the table. You sigh and take your hands off the wires.

"It didn't work", you say and look at the glass before looking up at Malia, eyes widening as you see a piece of glass in her forehead. She takes it out, wincing, "No it didn't", she states bluntly, before handing you another bulb.

After a few more practices and a lot of broken glass surrounding you, you look up at Malia who is now wearing goggles. You're sitting with your head in your hands.

"Can I ask you a question?", you ask.

"No", she says.

"Did your mother really try to kill you?", you ask anyway.

"Did your mother try to leave you in the dessert with skin walkers?", She retaliates.

"Are you really going to try to kill her first?", you ask again.

Malia sighs, taking off her goggles and coming to stand by the table.

"Why did you take off the goggles?", you ask.

"Because this time you are going to do it. And it going to work. Because this is the only way we're getting Lydia out of Eichen house", she explains and you take a deep breath.

"She's right", Scott's voice says from the door way. You smile up at him as he makes his way over to you.

"You can do this", he assures you and places a kiss to your cheek before standing next to Malia.

You take a deep breath before placing your hands back on the wires and closing your eyes. Malia and Scott watch as the light dims, voltage going lower.