"Kohana? What are you doing?" I screeched as Shisui's face was revealed to me from behind the opening door, and stumbled backwards in fright.

"Shisui! What are you doing here?!" I exclaimed, tripping over and falling onto my butt. The kindly Uchiha smiled and held a hand out to me, nudging his head towards the door.

"I was coming to check up on you, but I see he's still here" he said with a sneer, glancing over at my bed. On it, Sasuke was swaddled comfortably in my new, crisp sheets, blocking out the rest of the world with a fluffy pillow over his head.

"I don't care anymore, just go away," mumbled Sasuke from the bed. I crossed my arms and glared at him, shaking my head.

"Where am I meant to sleep, huh?" I exclaimed, yelling at the curled up figure on my bed. Shisui sighed and rubbed his temples, tutting at his younger cousin.

"You really are something, Sasuke," he said dubiously. "Come, Kohana. You can sleep in my bedroom for the night. It'll be fine."

"Are you sure?" I asked skeptically, eyeing out the wild haired Uchiha. "Won't we get into trouble?"

"Not if no one finds out," he said with a small smile, holding a hand out to me. "Everyone's asleep, and I know where to go to avoid the night patrol guards. Shall we go?"

Tentatively, I put my hand in Shisui's, and nodded in trust.

"Sweet. Let's go."

***

We reached Shisui's room after a maze of corridors and staircases, not to mention our odd hideaways every now and then to avoid the guards on patrol.

It was a quaint little room, with only the bare necessities in it, much like the room I was in, but much more decorated and embellished. Ushering me in first, the Uchiha shut the door behind him and beckoned for me to get into the bed, nodding that it was okay.

"But where will you sleep?" I asked, analysing the single sized bed. "The two of us can't fit on there."

"I'll be fine on the ground, relax," assured Shisui, turning around and switching the lights off. As the room was plunged into darkness, I felt my way towards the bed, slowly walking forward so as not to trip over anything.

"Keep going, there's nothing in your way," chuckled the Uchiha, who I assumed had some kind of night vision or something. "Yup, there you go. Climb in now."

"Why are you so nice?" I asked skeptically as I tucked myself into Shisui's bed, watching his outline in the dark. I watched as he lifted his arms over his head and pulled off his shirt, tossing it aside before laying down on the ground. I felt behind my head to check how many pillows I had, and when I found that I had two, I grabbed one and threw it in his general direction. "Do you have a blanket?"

"I'm fine, Kohana," said Shisui, who I assumed to be lying half naked on the ground.

"Shisui, it's cold," I insisted, sitting up and looking down at the Uchiha as I picked up his thick blanket.

"And I told you, I'm fine," he said gently. "Go to sleep. I need to take you back to your quarters first thing in the morning."

I pouted as I watched the Uchiha, dissatisfied with our sleeping arrangements.

"Here." Lunging off of the bed, I made my way to Shisui's side with the pillow and blanket in tow and lay next to him, throwing the duvet over the two of us.

"Two is better than one, don't you reckon?" I asked, making myself comfortable next to the shirtless Uchiha but keeping a safe distance away. "It's not as cold when there's two of us."