Chapter 1: Daydreamin'

Start from the beginning

One of the main reasons why we have a strong bond is that we hang out with the same friends at school, that way we are inseparable and we would have less doubts if Peter would hang out with the guys and if I were to hang out with the girls.

Molly spotted Peter and I walking towards them and waved us over, "Peter! Ari! You made it!"

The group greeted us when we finally made it to them. "Morning Ariana, love the outfit." One of our friends, Chelsea, complimented my outfit. "Thanks Chels, I love yours too." I complimented her back. Chelsea thanked me with a bragging smile. 

I joined Molly who's sitting by the statue, with a victorious look on her face. "See Ariana? Who's got good taste?" Molly bumped her shoulder against mine, her voice clearly indicating to herself.

I paused, pretending to ponder on who has a good taste on fashion, "Hmm, I don't know, I don't think it's you though." Molly rolled her eyes playfully, "Whatever girl, don't call me ever again if you are stuck on what to wear, or anything really."

"My goodness, Molly, I was just joking. You know you love me." Molly laughed it off before giving me a hug, "Of course I do, we are best friends aren't we?" I nodded against her shoulder before Peter breaks the hug.

"Hey babe, we are gonna check the notice board for our new homerooms, do you wanna come with?" I nodded yes and got up with Molly to walk inside the school hallways.

Students are crowding around the main notice boards at the hallway as they are trying to find out which homerooms they're put into for the year. We tried to push through a few people, but many won't budge.

"It's too crowded, we need to either go to the library or the principle's office. I know there are notice boards there." Peter announced, backing out from the crowd. "But the library and the principle's office are situated at different ends of the school, we need to split up." Chelsea said, with the group agreeing with the plan.

"Hey Peter, I'll stick with Molly and Chelsea." Peter smiled in the warmest way possible before pecking me on the lips, "Okay, I'll see you when I see you." Peter and I mouthed I love you's before separating to our groups.

Molly, Chelsea and I made it to the principle's office and scanned through the lists of people assigned to their homerooms. I searched for my name then, boom, I'm in Homeroom 4A. "Guys, I'm in room 4A, what are yours?" I told Molly and Chelsea as I scanned for Peter's name. He's in 4C, damn.

"I'm in 4C, Ariana." Chelsea announced and I gotta admit, I got hit with a pang of jealousy right there, but I shrugged it off so it wouldn't look as obvious. "Aw man, I'm in 4D." Molly whined like a little girl. I got slightly disappointed as none of my girl friends are in the same homerooms as we are.

"Well, Toby's in the same homeroom as you Ariana. Now that wouldn't be so bad." Chelsea said trying to lighten up the mood. I'm not really that close to Toby, but I guess this is better than nothing. "Yeah, I guess." I shrugged with a hint of disappointment in my eyes.

We all decided to head back to the group before the bell rings but we were interrupted by someone exiting the principal's office in a rather, violent way. For a few short seconds, I looked at the person's eyes and they were filled with negativity and trouble. I didn't really pay any more attention because the person looked away and walked further away from us, with his grey hoodie bearing his back.

"What the hell is that?" Chelsea exclaimed with an annoyed look on her face. "Looks like we got ourselves a new kid." Molly answered Chelsea's question confidently as we stride back towards the main school hallway. "He seems like a weirdo," Chelsea scoffed. I couldn't believe my ears then, "Hey, don't call him names, especially on his first day." I scolded Chelsea like a mother to her daughter.

"It's everybody's first day, ain't it?" Chelsea sassed out. I grunted in annoyance, "You know very well what I mean." Chelsea rolled her bitchy eyes at me as we reunite with the boys. I went up straight to Peter.

"Hey babe, do you know where your homeroom is now?" I nodded disappointingly, "I can't believe we're not gonna be in the same homeroom together." Peter lifted my chin up with his two fingers to let my eyes travel into his. They're in a beautiful shade of brown. You can literally look into those eyes and just melt into it like melting into chocolate.

"At least we will have English and Music together." Peter said with a positive attitude to his voice, to lighten the mood. "With the worst teachers," I chuckled at the thought of our teachers for the subjects of this year. "Then, we can make things better for them." Peter winked at me and I laughed as I am back to my good old self again.

The bell rang for our first homeroom of our final year in high school. My ultimate goal for this year, is to become and graduate as a valedictorian and make sure that no one will beat me to it. "See you at recess, babe." Peter kissed my forehead as we said goodbye. We mouthed I love you's before heading out to our homerooms.

This is gonna be the start of something new.

A/N: First of all, I'd like to give a shout out to fanofmj for inspiration of the casting of Michael Jackson and Ariana Grande from her story, Shadow (BTW, your stories are amazing!). You can check out her account for more MJ fanfics like this one.

Thank you if you made it this far of the book and sorry for any cheesy/cliche lines/scenes, I'm still new at writing stories but it would get better, I promise.

Till next time my lovelies.

-Alex xoxo