Chapter Seventy Seven

-Christine's POV-

The first reaction we had gotten was a yell of excitement from Maura. She gave her grandson to her husband and pulled me into a huge hug.

"Oh honey! This is wonderful!"

I simply hugged her back, hiding my face away onto her shoulder.

"When did you find out?"

"Uh, a few days ago actually." My silence must have been noticed as Maura gently put a hand on the back of my head.

"Christine? Dear?"

"I-I," I choked on my breath, "I don't-"

"Come on." Maura must of understood my choked up emotion, pulling me away and into the kitchen of her house.

"No Niall, you stay. Let your mother talk to her." I heard behind me, my body moving so it leant against the counter.

"What seems to be the matter Christine?" I bit my lip, slowly bringing my head up to meet Maura's gaze.

"I-it's just," oh god. Was I really going to cry? The first time meeting Niall's parents and I'm in tears. How pathetic, "I'm scared Maura." I put my hands over my face to then feel two petite hands take my arms.

"Hey, hey look at me." Maura's gentle voice coached me to do so. "You don't need to be scared my dear, this is a wonderful thing."

"I know, it's just..."

"Is this your first time?" I nodded, wiping the falling tears from my cheeks. "Ah, now I see." She smiled warmly at me, taking my hands and wrapping them in hers. "You've never been through this darling, so it's only natural be feel this way."

"I," I inhaled as deeply as I could, "I haven't asked Niall how he's feels about this."

"Oh honey, one look at him and I can tell he's overjoyed." Really?

"How can you tell?" I whispered as Maura laughed under her breath.

"Because the way he looks at you is just so..." She trailed off, smiling to herself. "I've never seen him look at another like that before. Well, that and I am his mother so..."

I couldn't help but laugh with her at that.

"You'll be fine darling. It's absolutely normal to feel this way."

"Even with the cramps, mood swings and morning nausea?"

"Especially those." Wow, I began to start feeling better about this whole thing. "It's not easy being pregnant, I will admit. I mean look at me, I now have two sons and a father that practically acts like a child." We laughed again. "But just because it's hard, doesn't mean it's not worth it."

She was right. This fetus inside me would soon become aware and have emotions. It will grow fingers and toes, and it'll recognise my voice and Niall's.

I wanted this child, but I didn't know if I was ready.

"What if I'm not... ready yet?" Maura tilted her head, looking at me as if to contemplate if I was serious or not.

"Darling, I think you are more than ready." She honestly answered. "The way Niall describes how you are with William gives me confidence that you'll be a wonderful mother." Can she give me some of that confidence please?

"Thank you Maura. You've helped ease my mind a bit." I offered her a smile, once which she returned brighter.

"Remember that if you ever need me, I'm only a phone call away."

"But I uh, I don't have your number." I sheepishly admitted. Maura must have realised this as well.

"Oh! Then I must give it to you!" She beamed, taking my hand and leading us to wherever her phone was.

This woman was truly amazing. No wonder Niall was a gentleman, because he was raised in the arms of a queen.

-

After I had been calmed and my thoughts had been cleared, the five of us sat around the dining table. Maura had given us lunch, the smell of hot macaroni and cooked meat made my mouth water.

Niall's hand kept on my thigh like it usually was, him pressing a kiss to my cheek and smiling over at me.

I was truly lucky that Niall was with me. I don't know where I'd be without him.

"I love you," I mumbled, giving him a kiss, "so much that you don't understand." Niall's eyes softened as he pressed his forehead to mine.

"I think it's you that doesn't understand my live Christine Andrew." I grew giddy of our moment, happy to be here with Niall's parents.

"Here you are." Maura smiled, dishing out plates and giving us food. Oh my lord...

"This looks amazing." I breathed, Niall laughing at my amazed look.

"She is practically a chef." Bobby spoke up, myself not doubting his words.

"And my secret ingredient for each meal... is love." It was cheesy I will admit, but so adorable coming from her.

"Mum, can you cook for us every night?" Niall joked, looking over at his son that was already chewing at some of his hard foods.

"Only if you move back in." She laughed, myself already bringing my first mouthful to my lips.

"Damn." Niall whispered, grinning as he did so.

"So Christine," Maura began, "have you got hopes for a gender yet?" Niall looked at his mother before looking at me. I shrugged.

"I don't mind either way." Maura raised an amused eyebrow.

"But?" She dragged out the word, causing me to smile.

"But... I wouldn't mind if it were to be a girl." I admitted. To have a little girl and William would be amazing.

The more I thought about the positive aspects, thanks to Maura, the more the thought of abortion left my mind. I will say, I had definitely considered it. Only because I was in a panicked state, and only because I hadn't thought it through properly.

And I might be young, and apparently immature, -so says my mother- but I am ready to step up to the role. That I do already with William, but to be an actual mother and go through the process was something I was willing to do.

"And Niall?" He rubbed my leg, smiling sweetly down at me.

"I was hoping for a little princess too."

-

Oh. My. Lord. So my next chapter is going to be the final chapter, and after that, the Epilogue and Bonus Chapter x