Chapter Twenty Nine

-Niall's POV-

As lovely yet traumatising as it was to be in Brisbane, tonight we were heading back to Melbourne. I wanted at least another week there before heading to London and planning William's birthday. The little guy was turning two in two and a half weeks and I wanted to hold an unforgettable party.

But if it was going to be perfect, I needed to repair as much damage as I could with Christine first. I know she loves me and I know she's still trying to overcome what had happened, but things are slightly awkward with us.

If we're playful, it won't be as much as it could be. If we're kissing, she'll make sure to stop before anything escalates; and fuck does that bother me as all I want it to have her. I want her so badly. I want to be able to make love to her but under the circumstances, that's not happening any time soon.

But I'm not giving up on showing my affection for her. No way.

"Niall." She whined though I knew she wasn't annoyed; more playful than anything.

"Come on darling', I want to buy you something." Tugging her with me, I came into Tiffany's and let my eyes scour over most of the jewellery set up beneath the glass. William sat closely in Christine's arms as I came forward and let my gaze intently look over each earring, necklace and ring.

"You don't need to buy me anything." Her whining was cute though I knew that I was going to win this little dispute she was giving.

"I know that; but I want to." And I love you and even though Brianna forced herself on me... I still fucked up. "Now, which one do you like?" Taking my hand from hers, I wrapped it around her waist and watched her eyes roll before a smile tugged at them. She inspected the jewellery and a woman came over asking if we needed help. "Just looking for now." I assured as she nodded going back to unwrap items behind the counter.

"That's ones nice." Christine muttering letting her finger point against the glass.

"Do you want that one?" I asked as she shook her head and pressed against my side before walking us up to look at more jewellery. People came in every now and then and only a rare few out of those people cringed at me. They obviously recognised me and had heard what happened with Brianna.

"Do you have to buy me something? You don't have to." Christine pressed one last time as I looked over and chuckled at her pout.

"Yes, we have to buy you something." I teased leaning in and slowly placing a quick peck to her lips. With a sigh, she continued to look around and took me with her. Well, my arm was around her so she had no choice but to take me.

We came to another section and found a man behind the counter explain what stock was where after Christine asked as I tightened my hold around her. He was nicely preened and smiled a bit too much for my liking. I didn't like him. He was here to do his job, not here to flirt with my girlfriend.

Christine nudged my side and I looked over to see her raise a questionable eyebrow at me while the worker went off claiming he'd come back. "Quit glaring at him. It looks like you're mentally stabbing him in the back."

"That's because I am." I muttered before suddenly hearing a flash. My head spun around to see a young female not too far away just take a picture of us. She panicked slightly when she knew she had been caught up before shuffling away quickly.

"That one." Christine called back my attention as I followed her gaze. A small ring was beneath us and Christine couldn't seem to pull her gaze away. That one; she wanted that one. So that was the one I was going to buy. It wasn't anything extraordinary but it seemed to be good enough for her so it was good enough for me.

The man came back and I spoke up telling him that I wanted the ring Christine had desired. He was quick to wrap it up and seal it up in that familiar brand coloured box.

"Let's go pay."

. . .

The three of us found ourselves in a confined corner of the food court. William happily sat on my lap and ate his chicken nuggets as I dug into my fish. Christine paid for her own meal which had bothered me a bit before but she insisted that she did after that ring I had bought her.

"Wear it. I want you to wear it now."

Thinking back to what I had said before, my hand reached over and took Christine's in mine as I admired the ring on her finger. She really knew how to pick the right piece though anything she's wear would look good.

"You like it?" She asked picking up her juice and sipping it through a straw.

"I love it. Especially on you." She blushed at my words as I lifted her hand and placed a gentle kiss to the back of it. "I love you." I whispered lacing our hands and resting my forehead against them.

"I love you to." She smiled, her gaze softening in a welcoming feeling of what I thought admiration. Christine leant in and I eagerly leant up to her before our lips touched.

She was the girl I wanted. She's all I wanted alongside William.