Chapter Sixty Three

-Christine's POV-

The next morning had come around, and I hadn't uttered anything since I woke up. I was too tired and weak too. Plus, what was there to say? Sorry we all had to leave the party early because my abusive ex beat up Niall? Sorry about the inconvenience of dragging you all into the mess?

Sighing quietly to myself, I felt a hand slowly rub up and down my thigh as I looked over. Niall offered me a small smile, the bruises on his face beginning to swell and make him look a little pathetic.

I had to look away from him, the bruises a reminder of what a mistake last night was.

"Breakfast is up!" Louis cheered, trying to lighten to mood as he came to the dining table. Indie sat across from me before a large plate of pancakes with syrup were placed on the table. "I cooked them all myself!"

"Bullshit!" Indie coughed and took a spare knife and fork that Louis had also brought out.

"You don't think I cooked this?" He challenged, popping a hip out and crossing his arms over his chest. Indie cut a bit of pancake off and shoved it in her mouth before shaking her head.

"Louis, I saw you take the pancakes from the wrapped container and heat them up in the microwave." Niall chuckled, Indie snorting into her hand as she tried swallowing her mouthful.

"W-well, my cooking is probably better anyway!" He defended himself as both Niall and Indie laughed. I couldn't though. I didn't have it in me to bring a smile to my face.

"Excuse me," I breathed an inaudible whisper and stood, leaving the room and stepping out onto Louis' balcony. The weather was cold, but somehow the sun was still up. But that's London for you.

I leant on the railing and pushed some hair behind my ear as I gazed over the city. The sounds from honking cars and busy people echoed far and wide, causing me to close my eyes and take in my surroundings.

The sound of the roller door opened and shut, me not moving from my position. I hope it wasn't Niall; I couldn't bare to look at his bruises Chris had put there.

"So," the sound of Indie's voice had me relax a little, "what's up?" She asked, leaning on the railing beside me. I simply shrugged, not trusting my voice at the moment. "You know," she turned her body to me, "what happened last night was not your fault." I shook my head and bit down my trembling lip. "Chris jumped both you and Niall out of nowhere. You didn't know it was coming Christine. And being held back by one of his dogs," Indie spat the word, "you couldn't do anything to help. It's a shitty situation but it happened."

"I-I," I tried to defend myself, to explain how I shouldn't have been outside alone with Niall. And how even dating Chris was a mistake.

"Look," Indie stepped forward and rubbed my shoulder. I sighed and leant into her, being embraced by her warm hug, "how about we go inside and eat some food? Then you can go home and look after Niall. Or hang with me. I don't mind."

I shouldn't bring this attention to myself. Niall was the one injured and here I am playing damsel in distress.

It's not about you Christine.

My inner voice spoke as I nodded, Indie pulling away to hold my shoulders. "Ok?" She nodded as did I.

"Ok." I whispered, as her arm wrapped around my shoulders and she led us back inside. I released a shaky breath and waited for Indie to shut the roller door before we both came back to the boys.

Niall immediately spotted us and came to his feet. He looked at Indie who waved him off with a small smile as I approached him.

"I'm sorry," I mumbled as she shook his head, wrapping his arms around my neck and kissing my forehead.

"Are you ok?" I nodded and looked up at him.

"Yeah." No, but it didn't really matter about me right now. Leaning on my tip toes, Niall leant down and connected our lips softly, cringing back from the cut on his lips.

"Sorry." I muttered again.

"Don't apologize." He muttered back, taking his hands away and guiding me back to my seat.

"Louis!" Indie snapped and smacked Louis' hand as he reached for a pancake. Oh lord, Indie is very stric on her table manners.

"Ouch! What woman?" Indie's eyebrows rose.

"Did you just woman me?" Oh shit.

. . .

"Are you sure you're ok here?" Niall asked as Indie nodded.

"I'll be alright. I'll just get Louis to drive me home." Indie shrugged as I cracked a small smile at her, Louis pouting behind her at his hand. Well, I guess it's the price you pay for eating without table manners in front of Indie.

"Ok, well, we'll see you later." Niall spoke. With quick goodbyes to the two and a small, 'give me a call later,' from Indie, Niall and I left Louis' apartment.

We came down the elevator hand in hand, Niall keeping his head down the whole way to his car. I still felt bad and at fault, but I wasn't going to voice it. There was no point, and I shouldn't show misery if Niall didn't.

"You ready to go?" Niall asked as he turned on the ignition to the car. I nodded and buckled in, letting Niall drive us out of the private parking area and back towards his apartment.

His hand reached over and grabbed mine, lacing our fingers as he flicked on his indicators at a set of lights.

"So tour is coming up soon," Niall picked up some conversation, "we should be heading over to Ireland. Have you been?" I shook my head.

"Not yet." Niall smiled as he turned at the green light.

"Well you'll really like it there. I can show you the place I grew up if you'd like." My eyes widened at his offer.

"You want to do that?" He nodded and squeezed my hand.

"I do. I haven't shown anyone the fine tour of Mulligar from yours truly before." I lightly laughed as did Niall.

"Well, I look forward to it." Niall smiled at me before looking back out onto the road.

"I love you Christine." My heart jumped.

"I love you too Niall."

. . .