Chapter Twenty One

-Niall's POV-

Waking up to an empty bed, I sighed and rolled onto my stomach before groaning. She wasn't here and that bothered me. She needed to be back here so I can cuddle her and wake her up with my morning kisses.

"Dammit." I groaned and pushed up to my knees to feel my towel brush against my ankles. Oh, so I slept naked.

Oh well.

Have to get used to it soon since it will be happening soon. Pulling on a robe that I haven't worn since London, I walked out to William's room to find he wasn't there. Christine must have had him with her.

"What?" I heard her voice and smiled following it out to the balcony where she sat snuggled with William in her lap, him happily drinking out of his Sippy cup. "No! Of course I'm not ok with that!" Her tone caught me off guard as I came behind her and sleekly wrapped my arms around her neck. She flinched back momentarily before leaning back into me. "When are you leaving?"

Her face was bundled up with stress that creases began appearing on her forehead. I kissed her cheek as she sighed and put her palm over her eyes as she leant back onto my shoulder. Watching her worriedly, she shook her head and quietly sniffled as my arms tightened.

"Thanks. Thanks for nothing." And with that, she hung up.

"Baby what's wrong?" I whispered as she shook her head again and leant forward holding her face in her hands. "Hey, hey." I cooed as she quietly cried into her hands. Sliding in beside her, my arms pulled her into my chest as she gripped my robe and hide against me. I stroked her hair and kissed her hairline as she let her chest bounce up and down to her cries.

"S-she's unbelievable." Christine finally spoke leaning back and wiping her face. "I-I'm sorry."

"No baby no, don't be." I helped rid the tears from her face and leant it up to me slowly. Kissing her nose, she leant forward and rested her forehead on my lips as I lingered them there.

"T-they're going awa-ay..." She choked out as I felt William carefully crawl into my lap. He whined reaching out for his cup in Christine's lap which I quickly took and gave it to him.

"Who's going away?" Her eyes slowly lifted to my stare and I swear I felt my heart break a little. I hated seeing Christine like this. It made me feel like shit that she felt this way and that there was nothing I could do to stop it. She closed her eyes and caught her breathing as I waited patiently for her to respond.

"M-my family." With that, she completely lost it. She sobbed into my robe as I tried to coo her to calm down. But this must have been a big hit for her. It's easy for me to not be close to my family as I'm always travelling. Plus I'm twenty two and living on my own but she's still so young. "W-we..."

"It's ok Christine; you don't have to say anything else." She nodded hiding in my side as we sat quietly outside, now soaking in the morning around us. She'll tell me later. Then we can figure out what she wants to do from there.

. . .

After this morning's events, Christine felt terrible because she thought she ruined today. She didn't of course, but she was so keen to forget about this morning that she, William and I went out to discover more about the city.

The people here were so laid back, I really appreciated that. It would be easier for the three of us to tour around the city and not get swarmed like we would everywhere else. "After you." I smiled as Christine tightened her hold around my hand and pulled us to the top of the tour bus. She wanted to look around the city and what better way to do that then have a tour guide show you?

Thankfully it was sunny today so sitting on top of the bus was an available option. William wanted to sit on the outside seat so he could hang onto the railings. I wasn't completely sure but as long as I had him in my hold then I guess it would ok.

I settled down into a seat further at the back as Christine came and sat beside me. William stood up on my thigh and I wrapped an arm around his torso as he giggled and bounced up and down.

"Careful William." I said though he ignored me and stared out at the city as the bus began on its way.

"This is nice." Christine murmured to herself as I looked over to see her gaze along the buildings we passed. One of my hands slid onto her thigh causing her to turn her head to me. I gave a soft smile and leant over as she followed. Our lips gently touched and a grin spread across my face as I pulled away to hear the tour guide begin to give us our tour.

"C'mere." I wrapped an arm around her shoulders and pulled William back onto my lap as he whined. "It's just a photo buddy." Pulling my phone from my pocket, I held it up to see Christine a bit hesitant. Looking over at her, she sighed and bit her lip nervously.

"Do you really want to do this?"

"What do you mean?" I asked as she took my leg in her hold and gave a small grip.

"I saw the photo you put up of me last night." Thinking back to the photo, I smiled inwardly at how cute she looked. "Are we official?" Her question caught me off guard.

"Official?" I asked as he timidly nodded. "Babe, of course we are. Why would you ask?" Her gaze dropped and my arm pulled down slowly around William. "Christine?"

"Don't I embarrass you?" She blurted as I blink back. "I-I mean with being seen together. Do you really want to make it official?" My confusion morphed into understanding as I kissed her forehead and pulled her close so I could whisper in her ear.

"You could never embarrass me. I want to be seen you with out in public. I want to world to know you're mine because you are. I-"

I catch myself before revealing the three words I'm waiting for perfect timing to say.

"Don't ever think that that I'm embarrassed or ashamed of you, ok?" She nodded as I turned my hand and lifted her chin. "You mean a lot to me Christine Andrew. Believe me."

Smiling gently at me as I sealed my words with a kiss before lifting the camera back up. She was more than willing to pose with me this time.