Chapter Five

-Christine's POV-

I woke up hearing the shutting of a door close by. Grunting, my hands gripped the pillow tighter as somebody kept muttering.

Trying to ignore the sounds, I relaxed again. A dip came down on the bed before a hand touched my leg over the sheet.

"Baby." A slurred voice had me turn my head slowly in annoyance. Who the hell was disturbing me?

"What?" I whispered, barely forming the word. The male chuckled and crawled on top of my side as he kissed my shoulder.

"I think..." He pulled the blanket down as well as tugging on my shirt. I reached a hand up and felt over his face as he chuckled. "You're sexy."

Irish accent. It must have been Niall.

"Are you drunk?" He shrugged and leant down licking over my face. Oh great. I rolled on my back and pushed him away though he let his body drop on me. "Niall, get off."

He chuckled in this playful yet suggestive tone as I sat up. Niall pushed me back down and dove into my neck; his mouth latching onto the skin. I pushed him away by his shoulders but he only bit into my skin to stop my feeble attempts.

"N-Niall." I hissed at the slight sting.

"Hmm..." He moaned as his hands reached down and gripped my chest. I pushed his hands away and flipped him off though he brought me with him. "Christine," He bit his bottom lip and squeezed my ass, "fuck me."

His slurred words caught me off guard as I pushed off of him. He groaned reaching out for me though he was to physically drained to move. So eventually, Niall gave in as I left the room to grab some aspirin and water.

• • •

Morning swung round and I quietly lay on the couch, my body a bit sore from resting here last night. The house was quiet. Was; until I heard William cry.

"Coming." I muttered and brought myself to my feet before walking into William's room. The boy stood shaking his railings before he saw me and reached his hands out. "I've got you."

William was more than happy for me to take him into my hold. I quieted him and swung us side to side as my hand stroked the back of his head.

"You're going to be two soon." I whispered kissing his forehead as he looked over my shoulder. "And your Daddy and I will make sure you have the best second birthday that you will always remember."

"Shi-oh, Christine." Looking back, Niall stumbled into the room holding his head with a slight hiss. "I was going to get William." With a soft smile, I made my way towards him and brushed my hand on his shoulder.

"How's your head?" He forced a smile and cringed back as I put the back of my hand on his forehead.

"Shit." He dryly chuckled as I glanced down at William. Niall's hand then took mine in his hold as he brought it down to his cheek. Nuzzling the side of his face into it, he smiled weakly down at me as I returned his gesture.

His eyes bowed down to William as the little bundle looked up and smiled at his Daddy.

"Hey you." Niall stepped forward and planted a kiss on the infants head. I watched beside him as he stared at his son in awe, the smile he wore completely sincere when he interacted with his own flesh and blood.

Though my smile slowly deteriorated when I remembered back to the night previously, and why I had to sleep on the couch. It's not that I had to sleep on the couch but I didn't want him to do anything he might regret in the drunken state he was in.

"Darlin', you ok?" Niall put a hand on my shoulder as I switched my attention back up to him. His face frowned as he looked over mine. I plastered a smile.

"I'm fine." I waved off as William groaned and let his head fall onto my shoulder. "I'll go get this little one something to eat." With an unsatisfied nod, Niall stepped aside as I walked out to the kitchen. Not sure if he followed or not, I opened the fridge and looked throughout with a sigh. "Baby powder..." Mumbling to myself, I opened the cupboard close by and found two different brands with a sigh.

Oh great.

"Which one?" I asked putting them down onto the kitchen bench and inspecting both of them. They both read between the ages of six months to three years but one focused on vitamins as the other focused on proteins.

"This one." Niall's hand extended out from behind me to point to the container on the left. His other hand touched my side as he looked over my shoulder. "William will start the other once he turns two." Nodding in gratitude, Niall kissed my shoulder and gave my bum a tap as I smiled to myself.

"Daddy!"

"Hey buddy!"