Chapter Fifty Two

-Niall's POV-

The night had drawn in and Louis and Indie had gone home. They were thinking about staying the night, but I told them that Christine and I had plans. And when I said plans, what I meant was making love to my beautiful girlfriend. I'm ready and I think I've made her wait long enough.

Stepping into my bedroom, I saw Christine pat down her singlet that she was to sleep in. Her pants and visible bra straps made me think about how easy it would be to slip the clothing pieces down her skin. That thought alone created goosebumps.

"Baby," Christine looked back as I came over, wrapping my arms around her from behind, "have I ever told you how beautiful you are?" She laughed under her breath and turned to me with a warm smile.

"Maybe." She whispered, wrapping her arms around my neck as I smiled adoringly at her.

I adored her. And it was obvious. Everything about her made me stop in awe. I've never felt this intensely about another girl. Not even Brianna.

"Hmm, maybe I should do it more often." She placed her forehead on mine and just nodded. I took her silence and kissed her lips softly. They came apart moments later for me to easily attach them again.

We kept going like this until we found our mouths tongue tied and our hands roaming. Her fingers lightly scratched my lowered back as I breathed a pant against her. Then pulling away so our eyes met, my hands came to the back of her thighs and I hauled her off the ground.

Christine's legs wrapped around me as my hands kept a steady grip on her ass. My lips attached to her neck, immediately having Christine tightened against me.

Our bodies fell back onto the bed as I grazed my teeth along her skin. Her back arched into my body as my hands encouraged it to stay there.

"You're all mine." I whispered before picking a spot to harshly suck on.

"Niall!" She breathed a yell at my actions, causing my pants to tighten as my excitement grew.

This was happening. This was finally happening.

Smoothing my tongue over her skin, I leant my head back to look down at my beautiful girl beneath me.

"Baby," I whispered before gently taking her lips with mine, "I lov-"

Loud, urgent knocks were suddenly heard, interrupting Christine and I. With an annoyed grunt, I mumbled under my breath and came back up to my feet.

Who the hell was it? And why were they here now?

"I'll be back." Leaning down, I kissed Christine's forehead before making my way towards the front door. The knocks were continuous telling ne somebody was urgent for my attention. I just pray it wasn't a fan that had somebody snuck up to my front door.

Unlocking the door, I pulled it back, readying myself to tell whoever was there to leave. But when I saw a worried Lou with a crying William in her arms, my annoyance instantly faded away.

"What happened? Is he alright? What's going on?" I blurted out many questions as Lou handed me my son. "Hey buddy," I whispered as his small hands gripped my shoulders while he cried into my neck, "shh. You're ok." I cooed, rubbing his back and looking back up at Lou. "What's going on?"

She sighed and glanced behind her for me to follow her gaze, Lux standing shyly behind her mother.

"Everything was fine. William and Lux were playing together like usual. But he began going quiet a few hours before dinner. Then when I went to pick him up, he burst into tears, crying for you."

I tightened my hold on William as he slowly began to quieten in my arms.

"Separation anxiety." Lou nodded.

"He's still so young." Lou added. She looked around before putting her manicured hand on my shoulder. "Niall, I understand you have a girlfriend now, and I know she is a wonderful person, but you need to stop separating yourself and William to spend time with her." I blinked back at her words. "William is a priority, but if she is making you do this..."

I shook my head frantically.

"No, no! She's not!" I defended Christine. "She loves William as much as I do!" Lou didn't look persuaded. "Look, I'll take him now and make sure this doesn't happen again, ok?"

"Is everything ok?" Christine's voice took me off guard, making me shoot my head to look back at her worried face. "What's going on?" She stepped forward and put a hand on top of William's head before softly rubbing it. "May I?" She asked, implying towards William.

I gave a small smile and nodded, passing William over to Christine. He stirred, and looked around, on the verge of crying again, but once Christine alerted him that it was only her, he calmed.

I'm still amazed at how comfortable he is with her. He's never been close to another woman except for Lou. Speaking of...

I looked back for Lou to give me one of her looks. She has many stashed away in her pockets. The one she wore now was telling me to be careful and keep on alert for my son. It's strange how I knew exactly what her looks meant. But we were close.

"You take care then Niall," she glanced behind me, "you as well Christine." Christine looked up to give a small smile.

"Thank you." And with a short goodbye to Lou and Lux, I shut the apartment door. "Do you think he needs anything?" I turned to Christine as she swayed William gently in her hold. "Like warm milk or food?"

A soft smile came to my lips at how genuinely caring Christine was to William. She is going to be a brilliant mother one day. And I hope I'm there to experience it with her.

"No," I shook my head and came in front of her, kissing her forehead, then William's, "I think we all need time together." Small sniffles came from my son. "Let's head to bed."

And we did. Christine and I separated William from us by a pillow so we didn't roll onto him during the night. But I pull Christine close and drape my arm over her and my son. It didn't take long for him to hold onto my hand and snuggle into it, causing me tointernally smile to myself.

I might not have made love to Christine tonight, but I'm with my family. And that's a lot more than I could ask.