Chapter Fifty Seven

-Christine's POV-

So the evening had settled in and Niall was with Louis in the kitchen, the boys sorting out a very small dinner so we could all pig out on junk food later. William was asleep in his cot, and I hoped he'd be asleep for a little while.

I was currently flicking through my Instagram and just reading through the comments on the video I posted earlier today. I know I really shouldn't have been looking but it had sparked my interest.

'Omfg look how cute william is aaahhh!'

'niall is such a good father honestlyy x'

'That is literal goals right there! Christine is literally the luckiest girl ever!'

Smiling at all the nice comments that I read over, I decided to leave it there for the night. "So," Indie started, causing me to look over and see her look up from her phone, "I heard there's a party on tomorrow night."

This caught my attention.

"Party? Who's?" Indie raised her phone to me and showed me the texts she'd been receiving on messenger. "Lucas' again? Are you serious?" She bit her lip nodding. "Do you know what happened last time we went? Niall literally invited himself."

Chuckling, she rolled her eyes and typed away on her phone.

"Yeah, well it's a party Christine. Come on! Let loose before you start playing mummy and daddy with Niall." I blinked back at her words.

What was she referring to? I mean, Niall's a great father and I do love spending time with William but... me playing a mum? I don't do that, I think. I am just good at looking after young children. Maddy for one example, William for another.

"You make me sound old," I sunk back into the couch and groaned, letting my phone fall onto my chest, "I'm not old."

"Whatevet you say mum." Indie emphasized the word to get under my skin and make me concave. Sighing in annoyance, I turned to her unimpressed.

"I'm not a mum."

"Not yet. Give it a year or two." I went to speak back a retaliation but Niall's voice interrupted me.

"Baby!" Looking back, I watched him enter the room, powder over his chest and face. You know what? I'm not even going to ask. "Can you check on William for me? It's been a little while."

With a nod, I stood up as Niall blew a kiss before walking back to the kitchen.

"Guess mum is on mummy patrol now." Goddammit.

"I am not a mum!" Indie was smug, sending me a wink.

"Whatever you say mum."

"Alright fine! You know what?" She looked at me innocently. "I'll go to Lucas' damn party and show you I'm not a mum!" Indie's eyes beamed in delite.

"Yes!" She fist pumped the air. "We are so going shopping for a dress tomorrow, my treat!" Rolling my eyes and sighing at my friend, I resumed the rest of the way to William's room to see that the infant was still sound asleep.

"Goddammit Indie..." I mumbled chuckling as I tucked William into bed. "Goddammit."

. . .

"Are you serious? I don't wanna watch this!" Indie whined behind her bowl of lollies.

"I second that. Horror is not my thing." I spoke, Louis rolled his eyes and pressed play to the movie anyway.

"Too bad ladies. We prepared the food so we pick the movie." I groaned and let my face fall into my palms. Why God? Why did you choose to let Indie and I suffer tonight?

"Well if I shit my pants, guess who's cleaning it up?" Indie threw a jelly baby at Louis who picked it up and threw it in his mouth.

"Well Niall does have a two year old son," Louis flicked off the room lights and continued to speak while sitting down once again, "so there's some spare diapers around."

"Oh shut up!" I laughed at the two and felt Niall pull me back into his chest. His hands latched together over my stomach as he kissed my shoulder, causing me to smile and relax back on his chest.

"I love you." He mumbled, kissing my cheek. I looked at him as he stole a kiss from me.

"I love you too."

"Have fine finding the diapers in the dark though, there's probably something up the hallway."

"Oh for fuck sake's Louis!" Indie kicked his side as he laughed at the girl.

Creepy music began to play from the television and I snapped my head forward, immediately crawling beside Niall and pulling out one of the spare blankets Niall brought out. I hid my body under it and heard Niall chuckle before putting his arm around me.

"I've got you." He hummed as I gripped his shirt, feeling him kiss my hair while I lay against him.

"Ow!" Niall and I heard Louis suddenly yell, making us look over. "What the hell was that for?" Indie took another banket of her own and wrapped it around herself.

"For touching my leg and trying to scare me douchebag." Smiling to myself at the two, I looked back at the television to quickly look away.

Why did it have to start off with a scary scene? Why?

"I hate this already."

"It's not really that bad." He whispered looking down at me. I needed to distract myself from the movie, but how? "You'll be fine tomorrow." A memory popped into my head as Niall spoke.

"Hey babe," Niall was still looking at me, our stares now holding, "I'm going out tomorrow night." Niall raised an eyebrow.

"With who?"

"Indie. We're just going to a party." His eyebrows furrowed as he tightened his hold on me.

"Who's party?" Niall's not gonna like this.

"Remember the last house party we went to?" Looking away, Niall thought hard to himself, his teeth taking his bottom lip between them. Then, he realised, his eyes widened before looked back down at me. "Yeah, we're going to another one."

"Like hell you are." Niall wasn't happy, but he kept quiet, the other two not noticing. "Do you remember what happened last time? And how many guys were looking at you?"

"Niall," I sat up, "I'm a big girl now. I can look after myself." With a huff, Niall rolled his eyes and pulled his touch away from me as I reached out for a bowl of chips.

"Shit!" Indie screamed, jumping onto me as she clutched her hands around my waist. I chuckled to myself and looked over at the television to freak out too.

Well, I'm definitely not sleeping alone.

. . .