Chapter Sixty

-Christine's POV-

What the hell is wrong with me? Why am I so insecure about myself? This is my boyfriend we're talking about here. He should accept me no matter what and I the same. Yet... I'm still scared he's going to hate what he sees. After being with perfect girls his whole life, it's hard for me to let him see this. This body I have to live in.

Shaking my head, I sat down in front of Niall's walk-in wardobe mirror and began to apply my makeup. First with a primer, then concealer before hiding it all with a foundation. I sighed and pulled out my eyeshadow next.

What look should I have for a party that everyone was guaranteed to get shitfaced at? Biting my lip, I decided to go with a nude look and the best attempt at a cat eyeliner I could. With a few goes, I finally get there, I'll just finish with a contour and lipstick now.

Well that's going to depend on what I'm wearing.

"Love," Niall's voice caught me off guard. I jumped before putting a hand to my heart, trying to recuperate.

"You scared me." I breathed, watching his almost naked body kneel down beside mine.

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah, it was just a jump." I waved off.

"No, no, I mean," Niall came around so he could see my face better, "are you alright?" He was talking about what happened in the bathroom.

With the best smile I could muster, I nodded at him. "Course, why wouldn't I be?" Niall looked at me with sympathy.

"You just, you panicked I guess." H rubbed the back of his neck. "I don't know, I feel like I did something wrong."

My eyes widened as I shook my head, coming to my kneesand cupping his face.

"Of course you haven't done anything wrong," I kissed him in reassurance of what I was saying, "I just freaked out. I-I don't know." I shrugged as Niall frowned.

"Why baby? Why did you freak out?" His hand rubbed my shoulder as I sighed.

"I'm just a little insecure s'all." I shrugged again. "All of the women you've had have beautiful bodies. I mean, flat stomachs and stuff." Niall shook his head as I continued. "And here I am with... this." I wasn't beautiful, and that bothered me.

"Christine, look at me," I couldn't. I didn't want to see the pity. But Niall took a soft hold of my chin and tilted it up, "I am in love with you. And I am in love with your body. You are absolutely stunning and I wish you saw that." Tears threatened my eyes, but I was going to hold them back. Not after I put makeup on, no way. "The girls I was with in the past, I-fuck, I was stupid back then. I was young and reckless, thinking I had all of these options to models and places around the world. That was before I had William, before I realised just how much I was being an arrogant twat." I smiled at the name as Niall smiled weakly with me. "But then I met you, and I had the amazing chance to fall in love with you. And now I don't want the skinny models anymore. I don't want the life where I wake up next to a stranger every morning. I want a life where I can wake up," he came closer, "turn over and look at my beautiful wife, thinking how lucky I am to have somebody like you. I want a family and I don't care if you don't have a flat stomach. It's not going to be flat when you have a child within you is it?"

His question caught me off guard, my eyes widening. Child? He wants, wants to have a child with me?

"You want me to have children with you?" Niall nodded, tears starting to gloss over his eyes now.

"Yes, I do. I want to marry you and have children with you. I want to spend the rest of my life with you Christine. I just love you so fucking much." His lips pressed to mine as I eagerly wrapped my arms around his head.

No one has ever spoken so passionately about a future with me. Not Chris, not anyone. And just listening to Niall makes me just as passionate about our future as he is.

"I love you Niall. With all of my heart and everything I have." I whispered against his lips as he smiled.

"I love you princess." I didn't want this moment to end. Not now, not ever.

. . .

Sitting in the passenger seat of Niall's car, I sat contently with Niall's and my hand laced on my thigh, a grin on my face that I couldn't seem to get rid of. Niall rubbed his thumb over my hand as he glanced over and smiled at me.

"Why are you guys so cuddly?" Indie asked from the back seat, Louis sitting beside her.

"Because I love him." I spoke confidently, Niall lifting our hands to kiss the back of mine.

"Oh," Louis spoke up, "you guys..." He pointed a finger between both of us as Indie raised an eyebrow.

"What?" Indie asked confused as Louis wiggled his eyebrows.

"You had sex didn't you?" Niall chuckled and shook his head.

"Something even better Lou." Niall looked back at Louis from the revision mirror as the two share a glance. "We shared our love with each other." Louis crossed his arms over his chest.

"Same thing isn't it?" I looked back through the front windscreen and smiled to myself.

"No, it's something you can't even imagine." Niall and I were happy, and our relationship was stronger now than ever. I was fully committed to this man and he was fully committed to me. That's the best damn feeling I have ever felt.

"Oh, take a right here!" Indie piped up and flicked hair out of her face. "Hey Christine," I hummed in response, "I know this is a really random question to ask, but I'm thinking about going blonde. Thoughts?"

Looking back at my best friend, Itried picturing her with blonde hair.

"You'd be beautiful with any colour Indie." She giggled at me and hugged me behind the seat.

"I'll keep that in mind."

"Here we are!" Louis piped up as we looked over to see the familiar sights of a party. I remember being here last time, and I'm pretty sure Niall does too. His hand tightened around mine as Indie and Louis exited the vehicle.

"Do we have to go in?" Niall whispered as I looked over at his uncertain face. I went to answer, but Indie had swung my passenger door open.

"Come on slow pokes! Party time!" Let's just hope nothing happens this time.

. . .