Chapter Seven

-Christine's POV-

I readjusted my sunglasses and pulled my knees up to my chest as I watched Amanda play with William on the flying fox. A small handful of us had come out today for a barbeque though apparently there was a surprise us girls didn't know about later on tonight. Taking a sip of my soda, Niall tightened his arm around my stomach as he kept me against his chest. His other arm rested on his knee as he held a conversation with a mate of his beside us.

"Christine!" I looked over as Amanda smiled waving me over with her arm. "William wants you to come and play!" Nodding, I stood up and dusted myself off.

"Where are you going?" Niall asked cupping his hand over my calf muscle.

"Just to William." He nodded and let go of me as I walked over to the two waiting at the top of the hill. William ran over to me and tripped though I caught his fall in time. "Hey you!" I roared playfully and pulled him into my arms. Holding my drink carefully, I walked us back up the hill and over to Amanda who held the flying fox.

"You go first." She wiggled her eyebrows as I laughed nodding and gave William to her. Putting my sunglasses down along with my drink, I took the flying fox before settling onto the seat. "Hold on." She smiled pulling out her phone and aiming the camera at me.

"How do I look?" I threw my hair back and pulled the famous duck lips. She laughed and said she'd give me a countdown as she walked down the hill and waited.

"Go!" I lifted my feet and came flying down the hill, Amanda and I both laughing our heads off as I slowed down coming to the end of the line. Slowly coming backwards, I tipped my feet to stop myself before two hands grabbed my arms with a roar.

I screamed and looked back to see Niall smiling over at me before cacking himself laughing.

"Let me off." I pouted though Niall came in front of me and pushed me back up the hill.

"I've got ya."

"I don't trust you!" I laughed as he panted pushing us up the hill.

"Damn baby." He over exaggerated a breath as I playfully scoffed.

"What are you trying to say?" I climbed off as Niall took the seat and hovered close to me. His spare arm came around and pulled my waist closer as he bit his lip smirking down at me.

"You're beautiful." Kissing my forehead, he pecked down my face until he landed on my lips. Chuckling against my lips, I smiled as he tugged my bottom lip out as he stepped back.

"Hey love birds!" We looked over to see Niall's other friend Brad come out form the barbeque area waving his tongs. The apron he wore proudly attracting attention from various families around us. "Come get some sausages!"

Amanda was already on her way back with William as I leant down and picked up my sunglasses and beverage.

"Niall," I whispered grabbing his attention as I carefully took the seat from his seat, "sit down for me will you?" My low voice caused him to shiver as I put a hand on his chest and encouraged him on the equipment. He climbed on holding our stare as I leant down and bit my bottom lip.

"What do you do to me?" He breathed leaning forward. I smiled leaning forward as he closed his eyes waiting for our lips to touch. But in his vulnerable state, I smirked and pushed him back as he went wide eyed flying back down the hill. "Christine!" He yelled as I laughed my ass off running over to where everybody else was.

. . .

By the end of the day, the boys packed everything up and carried the seats and cooking gear back to the cars as us girls carried leftover food. William held my hand as I walked beside Amanda and chatted. We had to slow down sometimes as William would jump over the square pavement and onto the road. He'd refuse to step on lines and giggled as I lifted him into the air with my arm.

We eventually came back to Niall's car as Niall took the seat out making me raise an eyebrow.

"Niall, what are you doing?" I asked as he handed the baby seat to Jayden.

"We need a babysitter if we're going to give you that surprise aren't we?" He said as I looked over at Amanda who shrugged just as clueless as I was. Niall came over and held his keys out as he then gave them to Amanda. "Go back to your complex; wear something..." he thought. "Exciting." Leaning over, he took my chin between his fingers and slowly kissed my lips. "Very exciting."

His smirk made me blink back as I thought through his words. Did he mean exciting as in sexy or exciting as in something we wouldn't usually wear?

"Got it." Amanda took my hand and pulled us away to Niall's car as he gave me a final wink and followed Brad to his car. What's going on?