Chapter Fifty Four

-Christine's POV-

"Bye baby. Now remember, call me if you need anything." With a nod, I closed my eyes to feel Niall's lips on my forehead again for the millionth time today.

"Save a piece of cake for me."

I had been thinking about that goodbye all day today, and my hunger has finally spurred. I needed something sweet and messy. Like a fresh donut or custard.

I was on a mission to the kitchen, and so far, I was halfway there. It's taken me a million years and a day, but I am here, in the lounge room, and just about to walk to the dining room.

But there was one problem... I was sick. And that meant that it was harder for me to get food. I'm not sure what kind of sickness I had, but it was stronger than just a flu.

"Shit." I stumbled and leant onto the couch. What the hell had I come down with? Groaning at the headache I had, I pulled my phone from the elastic in my pants before dialling a number; very slowly might I ad.

I needed someone here with me, and I know Niall told me to call him, but it was his son's birthday, and there was no way I was going to take him away from that. Bringing the phone to my ear, I sat on the arm of the couch while listening to the call.

"Hello?" She picked up. Thank you Indie.

"Hey," I sniffled.

"You sound sick. What the hell?" If I could have laughed, I would have. But I was physically drained.

"At home. Come now." It sounded like I was going back to the cave ages and trying to blend in. "Please."

"Ok, I'll come. You're at Niall's apartment right?" I hummed in response and blinked back, the rooms becoming a blur. I couldn't do this. I needed to go back to bed. "Christine? You there?" Shaking my head, I stood up, which was the biggesr mistake I had made.

My legs gave way underneath me and I collapsed to the floor. The phone slipped out of my hand as my head took a bad hit.

I was out cold.

. . .

-Niall's POV-

"-hip, hip! Hooray!" The crowd cheered as William giggled on my lap. Friends beside us leant in and blew out the candle, everyone cheering and clapping. I was trying so hard to be happy today, and I was. I was overjoyed! Two years ago today, I received the biggest blessing of my life; my son. But Christine was still on my mind.

She was so sick this morning, and deep down inside me, I have a bad feeling. I shouldn't have left her. I should have pushed back the party for a week or two.

"I suppose I'll cut the cake then." Simon's voice cut me out of my thoughts, his hand on my shoulder. He gave me a smile, and I tried to return it the best I could. "You alright? Something seems to be troubling you." Shaking my head, I stood up and watched Lou reach for William.

"Thank you," I nodded as she smiled at William and carried him to the cake.

"I'll cut it." She insisted as Simon smiled, watching her cut into the sweetness.

"I just," I ran a hand through my hair and stepped away from the crowd, Simon following, "I'm worried."

"About what?"

"Christine. She's sick Simon. God, she couldn't even sit up without struggling. What if she needs water. Or needs to use the bathroom?" Simon put a hand on my shoulder again as we shareda stare.

"I'm sure she'll be ok. She's a strong one. Or so I've heard since you talk about her all the damn time." Hos words had me chuckle. It was true, I was infatuated with her.

"Niall! Niall!" Hearing Louis' voice, I watched him come around the crowd and over towards me. He had his phone in his hand as he gestured me to it. "We have a problem." I looked at him confused. "It's Indie. Take it."

"Indie?" Why does he have her number?

"Ok," I gave Simon a confused look and brought Louis' phone to my ear, "hello?"

"Niall, it's Indie."

"So I heard." I awkwardly chuckled, not receiving one back.

"There's a problem." What was she talking about? "It's Christine." The mention of her name had my eyes widen, Indie having my full attention.

"What do you mean? What's wrong with Christine?" Now I was panicking.

"Don't freak out," bit too late, "but we're in the hospital."

"What!" My voice caused many to turn and look at me. Swallowing hard, I snatched the car keys from my pocket and looked at Simon. "Simon, I need you to watch William, it's important." Simon blinked back before nodding.

"Course, I can do that." I nodded.

"Thank you!" And with that, I ran through his back door and back towards my car, Louis on my heel.

"Where are you? I need you to send me the address!" Unlocking my car, I felt Louis' hand on my shoulder, tugging me back.

"Mate, just hold up-"

"No! What the hell is wrong with you? Christine's in hospital!" Louis nodded and bit his lip nervously.

"I know, but please hear me out-"

"Christine's in hospital?" Looking back, we both saw a wide eyed Harry approach our vehicle. "Is it true?" I growled.

"It's none of your concern." Harry glared at me.

"If Christine's in hospital, I want to know."

"Can people stop interrupting me?" Louis yelled, his sass causing Harry and I to silence. "Lord. Ok, so we've all established that she's in hospital. So how about we all follow me to Christine in a tolerating manner." Louis spoke as if thinking we were stupid children.

"Fine."

"Whatever." Harry rolled his eyes and crossed his arms.

"Good, now Niall, give me the keys." Sighing in defeat, I handed the car keys to Louis and got out from the driver's seat. "And my phone." Oh shit, Indie was still on the call. Oops.

Handing the phone to him, I came around to the passenger side and climbed in, catching Harry getting in the back seat.

"Who the hell said you could get in my car?" I growled.

"I'm going to see Christine."

"The hell you are!"

"Oh my freaking god! Niall, sit down and shut your ass up! Harry, shut the door and buckle in! We're all going to see Christine!" Louis must have been over our shit. Lord knows I am. "Sorry Indie, continue," he spoke casually again as Harry and I sat silently in the car.

Louis pulled out onto the road and started us to the hospital. Saying a goodbye to Indie, Louis hung up as I looked out the window.

God I hope she's ok.

. . .

Double update! Yaaas!! :)