Chapter Seventy

-Christine's POV-

The screaming of the fans in the stadium roared, almost shaking the ground beneath us. The lights were dimmed backstage as the crew finalised the boys before they were to perform.

My arms kept tight around William, adjusting the headphones around his neck. When the fans were to get extremely loud, both William and Lux had to wear these headphones. It ensured that the children didn't go deaf.

A sigh emitted from me as I glanced across the room, watching the boys prep themselves for the show.

It had been a few weeks since we had landed in Ireland, and most of this tour so far was brilliant. Aside from the fact that it was harder to go out in public without being noticed. That, and two people held grudges against Niall, or more so, me.

Harry had barely acknowledged me which I think was really immature. I was in love with Niall, and I forgave the boy on my own accord. It is not up to Harry to make my life choices for me.

Why was he still upset? Did he not see that Niall and I were on the best terms?

Besides Harry's confusing behaviour, Lou has not been so subtle to hide her distaste for me. She and Niall were on better terms, though she refused to accept me. It hurt knowing that people close to Niall were angry at me, but there was nothing I could do. Maybe in time they will learn to once again forgive me. But until then, I remain on the sidelines of each concert.

"Baby!" Looking up, Niall had come in front of me, his hand readjusting his ear piece. "We're about to go on. Walk with me." Nodding at my boyfriend's request, I let him take my hand and lead us out of the dressing room.

Louis and Liam were pumping each other up, laughing and jumping on each other. Harry had his eyes focused on the sights before him as the group of us made our way to the back entrance of the stage.

Niall turned, leaning down and kissing William's forehead.

"Make sure to cheer for daddy, ok buddy." William smiled.

"Da!" I giggled at the action. Then Niall placed his headphones over his head and straightened up, smiling warmly at me.

He leant in, cupping my face and placing a lingered kiss to my lips.

"I love you." I muttered as always before each concert.

"I love you more baby girl." With a final sneaky peck on the lips, I was lead to the side of the stage and out into the stadium by security. Though I was with the fans, there was a barrier restricting the team close to the boys and other fans. I was closer to the stage, William and I both were as Niall had requested.

Many girls screamed when they saw me, though I only offered a smile and continued toward my seat.

As William and I reached the spot where we'd reside for the concert, the lights suddenly dimmed, earning piercing screams from the other girls. I kept the toddler in my lap, checking his jacket was on nice and snug as he sat pressed to my chest.

He must have felt safer there as he always hide away against me at concerts. But he was the cutest little thing, and I could only hold him protectively as he did so.

The introduction video for the boys began to play as I crossed one leg over the other. "Look! There's daddy!" I pointed out, William following my hand to then look around the whole stadium.

This was going to be a good concert, they always were.

-

As time passed, the concert was nearing its end. William and I had been escorted backstage where we returned to wait for Niall. The baby boy was beginning to fall asleep in my arms, the faint yells and thumping of music becoming a white noise to him.