Chapter Fifty Eight

-Christine's POV-

The next morning started off late. Well, it did for Indie and Louis. Niall and I were up the moment we heard William cry and we've been up since.

"Do you want bacon?" Niall asked behind the sizzling fry pan as I stood behind him at the opposite counter holding William.

"Yes please." Niall looked over and smiled at us before looking at William. William beamed up at me as I pulled faces down at him. "You're such a littlr cutie!" I gushed, turning him round and putting him on the counter.

William clapped his hands as I clapped mine with him, leaning down and kissing his forehead.

"Can you say Daddy?" I pronounced slowly as William look at me with big doe eyes; now I had his full attention. "Da-ddy." I giggled as William did too.

"Da!"

"No, no," I laughed, "da-ddy!" William clapped his hands at me.

"Da!" This might take a little work.

"William," Niall spoke and put a plate of food on the counter out of reach from William. His hands wrapped around me from behind as William now stared at his daddy, "can you say mummy?"

My eyes widened at the word. Did Niall just say mummy? Oh my god, maybe Indie was actually on to something.

"Mmm," my widened eyes shot down to William.

"Mu-mmy! Mami! Mommy!" Niall played with the word as I put my hands over his arms. William was still unfamiliar with the word, so h just began blowing raspberries and making funny noises. "I tried." Niall kissed my cheek and left back to the fry pan as I blinked back. "Hey baby, can you take William into the lounge room? If Louis' not awake, just wake him."

I shrugged. "Alright." Taking a piece of bacon, I shoved it in my mouth before carrying William into the lounge room. And there lay Louis, spooning Indie that had curled into the corner of the couch.

Rolling my eyes with a smile, I came over and sat beside the two.

"Hey Louis," I shook the man but he just groaned and pushed closer to Indie, "Louis Tomlinson?"

"No," Louis hummed his drawn out word and went back to his euphoric state. Well this is a bit of a pain.

"Louis!" Niall's voice was clearly heard from the entrance to the kitchen, causing Louis to jump awake.

"What? What's happened?" The man was trying to comprehend what was going on.

"Look after William!" Louis yawned and looked back at me to smile at him.

"Oh bloody hell, alright." Sitting up, Louis kept the blanket over him and took William from my hold. "Come to Uncle Louis." William giggled and bounced in Louis' lap, making the older man smile as he relaxed into the couch.

"Babe!" Niall called and I stood back up to walk back into the kitchen. Niall was in there, dishing up two plates. One was the approximately the same amount of food as mine, and the other was beginning to pile. That mist have been leftovers for the others.

I grabbed another piece of bacon and assembled it with my egg to make a toasted sandwich.

"Christine," I turned to face Niall while taking a bite into my food, Niall giving me one of his fatherly looks. Oh god, "do you really have to go to this party tonight?" Sighing, I swallowed back and put my food onto the plate.

"It's just a few hours." Niall turned off the stove and brought his plate over beside mine. Then he trapped me between him and the counter, staring down at me.

"Babe, I don't think it's a good idea."

"Why?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest. "You can do it when you want, but when I want to let loose a bit, it's freaking forbidden." Niall rolled his eyes.

"It's not like that Christine and you know it's not like that." I turned my face and licked my lips, feeling the oil the recently cooked food around my lips. "Christine, look at me."

I refused. I was being a stubborn shit and I know I was, but this wasn't something Niall should have a problem with. If anything, it should be me, I mean, I wasn't the one who came home with a strangers hickey was I? Th thought had me cringe.

Niall's hand took ahold of my face and brought it back up so our eyes met again.

"I'm not saying you shouldn't because you don't deserve to. I'm saying you shouldn't because one, the asshole that held that party was all over you. And nobody touches my girl except for me." I sighed as he pushed hair behind my ear. "And two, well, you're my girlfriend. And that means that anywhere you go, rumours and paparazzi follow. If somebody at the party recognised you, then it wouldn't be long until you're surrounded by paps. And I know that you're used to that, and it can become very overwhelming."

Reaching on my toes, I kissed my boyfriend's lips, savouring the way they felt against mine.

"I love you," I whispered, "and I know you're looking out for me. But I shouldn't be restricted because of possibilities." Niall sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "I appreciate you looking out for me Niall, but I'm going to this party tonight." Shaking his head, Niall sighed again and looked down at me.

His gaze softened as mine pleaded for him to understand.

"You're a pain sometimes," Niall whispered and kissed my nose, "but you're my pain. And if you're going to that party tonight, than so am I." I grinned, knowing that this was going to be the best response I would get.

"I love you baby." I giggled as Niall chuckled, leaning over and grabbing his food.

"Do I smell bacon?" Indie waddled in to lay her eyes on that plate. "I-is that for me?" Her eyes now wide. Niall chuckled.

"If you can get it all down before Louis gets to it the yes." Indie grinned and grabbed the plate with the pile.

"Challenge accepted."

. . .