Chapter Fifty Five

-Niall's POV-

So putting aside the fact that this car trip had to be one of the most awkwardest one's I've been in, my heart beat rose as Louis parked the car across the road from the hospital.

"Why didn't you park closer?" Harry asked the question we were both thinking.

"Because it's a hospital car park, there's never any car parks ever." True. Wanting to laugh at how Harry now looked like an idiot, I shook my head and checked the road before running across it.

But I didn't stop running. I kept running down the pathway and stairway until I had come through the automatic doors. And the receptionist looked at me like I had grown an extra head. But the thing was, I didn't care.

"I'm here to know where Christine is." The woman behind the desk blinked back.

"Christine who?"

"Christi-"

"Niall!" Shooting my head over, I saw Indie approaching me. She paced over to me and took my wrist.

"C'mon," she looked behind me and motioned a following gesture to. I glanced back to see Harry and Louis hot on our trail, making my eye twitch in annoyance. God I wish Harry wasn't here. It wasn't his place to be here.

Indie dragged me onto an elevator where the two other boys followed close behind. The doors shut and we were left in an awkward silence, my fists balling beside me as we walked out onto our floor.

"The doctors said it was nothing too critical," Indie spoke up, "the worst diagnosis she's received today is having syncope."

"Syncope?"

"It's where people fall unconscious due to the lack of oxygen to the brain," Harry interrupted Indie, coming up to her other side, "idiot..." I was about to step over and slam him against the hospital wall, but Indie had stopped in front of a door; Christine's door.

"She's out cold at the moment, but we have permission to go inside." Not needing to hear anything else, I pushed through the doors to make sure I was the first inside.

The breath I didn't know I was holding in came out shakily as I laid my eyes upon Christine. She wasn't connected to any tubes or anything, but she did look paler than normal. And being here because of her sickness still scared the shit out of me.

"Baby girl," I whimpered, stepping around to her bed and looking down at her, "oh baby... I'm so sorry." Pulling the chair from the corner of the room, I sat down and took her hand in my hold. "I shouldn't have left you Christine." Kissing her hand, I looked over her face while she slept, what I could only assume to be peacefully.

"How long until she can leave?" Louis spoke up, standing near the door beside Indie as Harry stood meters from the bed. He looked at her with sorrow and concern, no doubt how I was looking at her. But I didn't like how he was gazing at my girlfriend. I'm not stupid. I can see the affection he has in his eyes for her. It made my hands tighten around Christine's.

"As soon as she wakes up I guess. It's not anything serious. I just," Indie ran a hand through her hair, "I panicked and called the ambulance."

A light groan left the back of Christine's throat as her face began to twitch. I stood up from my seat and kissed her hand again as I watched her eyes flutter open.

"Christine?" I mumbled, fearing that I was being to loud near her.

"Hmm," she groaned, turning her head so that it faced towards me. I pushed hair out of her face and watched as her eyes focused in on me, "Niall?"

"Hey baby girl," I whispered, smiling weakly at my girlfriend, "how are you feeling?" She shrugged and slowly brought her hand to her forehead, cringing at the movement.

"Like shit." She whispered, her voice sounding scratchier than before. "Niall?"

"Yes princess?" She sighed and let her gaze soften at me.

"The party?" Her minimal words were all I needed to understand what she was asking.

"Once I heard you were in hospital, I came down as fast as I could. It's ok though, because I was planning on cutting the party short anyway." She blinked back and weakly tightened her hand around mine, earning a squeeze in return.

"William?"

"He's with Simon," Harry butted in, much to my dismay, "how are you darling? You look a bit under the weather." Christine breathed a weak scoff at Harry's terrible sense of humour.

"You think?" Cracking a small down at Christine, he stood closer beside the bed.

"You really had everyone worried. Even Louis and Indie are here." The two stepped up as Indie smiled at her friend.

"You gave me a heart attack!" Indie huffed before rolling her eyes and smiling. "You're a shitty friend, you're lucky I care." Christine scoffed before taking the hand from her forehead and flipping Indie the bird.

Indie laughed to herself and Louis brought a hand over in mouth with a teasing "ooh." Which reminds me...

"Hey Louis," he brought his gaze up to me, "why do you have Indie's phone number?" The question caught him off guard as his eyes popped wide open.

"He asked for it the day we met at your hotel." Indie nudged Louis who rolled his eyes and crossed his arms, suppressing a smile. "Said it was for friendship purposes, in case he couldn't get a hold of you lot."

"Lies." Christine chuckled and pulled herself up.

"Careful," I helped her up on instinct. Harry reaching to help also, but the daggers I sent him were enough to refrain him from touching my girl.

"Can I," Christine cringed, "go home?" I kissed her cheek and looked at Indie.

"Let me grab a doctor." Indie stepped out of the room as I sat beside Christine, supporting her weight with my own as she leant back into my touch.

"Thank you." She smiled as I kissed her shoulder, catching Harry look away at the action from the corner of my eye. That's right. I hope you see who she really belongs to. "Hey Niall?"

"Yes princess?" Christine looked over her shoulder at me.

"Did you save me a piece of cake?"

. . .

Oml, it's going to get better! Please have faith !! :)