Chapter Fifty Three

-Christine's POV-

Shit.

The last thing I wanted was to be sick. Especially on William's birthday party. But the runny nose and tickles I had at the back of my throat didn't want to leave. In fact, they've unpacked their suitcases to stay.

Another smeeze escaped me as I sniffled, wiping my nose afterwards.

"Are you ok baby?" Niall pulled my attention to him as I squinted my eyes. He's looking a little blurry at the moment, and you can thank my watery eyes and sickness for that.

"No." I closed my eyes and groaned into the pillow. Life is such a bitch sometimes.

"What's wrong? You look sick?" Niall leant up and put a hand on my shoulder. I nodded into the pillow and hesitantly sat up, not being able to breathe through my nose.

Niall moved his hand and wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

"Do you need anything? Let me get you something. I'll make give you some panamax with tea, how about that?" With a nod, Niall kissed my cheek and got up, leaving the room to get my remedies.

I groaned in annoyance at myself and leant over to the side table, retrieving my charging phone. Better text off Indie.

Christine: omg Indie... I'm sick

Sending off the text, I lay back onto my side and breathed heavily from my mouth, just because my clogged nose is deciding to be a pain.

My phone then buzzed a reply. Indie wasn't a slow texter.

Indie: r u serious?! Dont you have that party on today,!?

Christine: yes.

Indie: what are u gonna dooo!?

Honestly, I didn't know. Do I go and not only make myself look like a fool in front of Simon Cowell, but infect everyone else? Or do I stay here and miss out on William's special day?

"Ok," Niall's voice pulled me out of my thoughts, "so you take two of these, and then have some tea." Niall placed down a tray of tea, panamax and water as I sat up again. "I brought you some water in case you can't swallowed the tablets dry. I know some people can't, and in your condition, you probably need the water."

Ugh, he's so perfect. I wish I could kiss him.

"Thank you." I kissed my three fingers and pressed them to his forehead. I know that's weird, but it's all I can do. "I can't kiss you." I justified, Niall smiled at my gesture and kissed my forehead.

"You're so cute," the words had me weakly return his smile before having Niall hand me the tablets. He handed me the cup of water, and with two very straining attempts, I downed the tablets.

If I struggled to have tablets, then I'll struggle with everything else today.

"Here," one of Niall's warm hands cupped the back of my neck while the other tipped tea into my mouth, "there you are." I licked my lips and felt my body sway.

One of my hands gripped Niall's shirt as my eyes fluttered weakly. Niall put the tea down and pulled me against his chest. It was so warm and inviting.

Yet being against this body heat made me feel cold and hot at the same time.

"Niall," I whispered as Niall kissed my hair, "I don't think..."

"Shh," he soothed. "Just rest for a little while ok?" I shook my head and pushed away from him, not getting far with my shaky arms.

"I can't go today." I won't be able to stand up, talk or do anything. Me being at the party was useless.

"Just rest," he repeated and laid me down gently as I let him, "we'll talk about this after some rest ok?" Blinking up at him, I nodded as he kissed my forehead and tucked me in. "I love you beautiful."

"I love..." my words were weak as my head fell to its side on the bed. And it amazed me at how fast I fell asleep again; I couldn't even remember.

. . .

Hmm... I couldn't find myself to find proper sleep. I'd doze on and off often and when I was conscious of that, it annoyed me. I hate being sick, because every time I get sick, it's really bad. But luckily for me, I don't get sick often.

"Ok, what time suits you best?" Niall's voice spoke softly beside me as I turned my head. Looking sidewards at the boy, he sat on the edge of the bed, the phone beside his ear as he leant on his knees. "Alright, well start around twelve, and finish about three?"

I wonder who Niall was talking to.

"Because my girlfriend's sick at the moment, and I don't want to leave her alone for too long." Niall glanced back at me, and I shut my eyes pretending to be asleep. "Yeah, ok. I'll be there around eleven thirty." I chuckled internally. Turdy. "Ok, thank you Simon. I'll see you later."

Niall's phone beeped the end of the call before I felt his hand brush through my hair.

"You know, you're terrible at pretending to be asleep Christine." I was caught out. Dammit.

"Hmm," I hummed and opened an eye, "is everything alright?" My voice became lighter. I think I was starting to lose it.

"Everything's alright baby. Just organising the party." Giving a nod, I closed my eye.

"I want," a coughing seizure took over me as I weakly pushed up onto my elbows. Niall wrapped his arms around my chest and held me in place. Shit. I'm really sick, "you to have a good time."

"Baby, I can't do that. Knowing you're here sick while I'm out kills me." Smiling weakly at my boyfriend, I leant back down and rolled onto my side. Niall leant down after removing his arms from underneath me and planted a long kiss on my forehead. "If anything happens, and I mean anything, than call me ok. I'll come back here even if you break a fingernail."

I breathed a laugh and weakly lifted a hand to his face. He took it in his own hand and leant his cheek onto it.

"I love you dork." I whispered, Niall smiling and kissing my nose.

"I love you too baby girl."

"Daddy!" Oop, well, duty calls.

. . .

This was more of a filler chapter, but I hope you liked it anyway :)